Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwall13
Beginner

i5-8400 KabyLake PCI Express Root Port# 10 - A2B1 how to update without getting driver error if possible

So when i put my computer together and turned it on an error came up for port # 10 a2b1 kaby lake. I did the fix and downgraded with the setup and -overall, but now i am curious... will i be able to update my CPU without getting this error anymore? I tried updating my Intel products and the computer would not boot back up without being restored to the previous point. I would love to keep all my stuff updated and am extremely curious as to why this is happening with my setup.

i5-8400 CPU

MSI z370 gaming m5 mobo

16gb ram

Nvidia geforce 970 GPU

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Darthwezel

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide us with a picture of the device manager form section system devices?

Once you find the i5-8400 KabyLake PCI Express Root Port# 10 - A2B1 and try to update the driver use the option browse my computer for driver software> let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer>

Can you send us a picture of the options you can pick in there to complete the driver update?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What specific package did you install just prior to the hang?

jwall13
Beginner

• Open Cortana.
  • Enter cmd in there to open up the command prompt.
  • Enter cd desktop (For this step the work, after you unzip the files, please save the chipset.exe on the desktop).
  • After that enter: setupchipset.exe -overall.

I have done these steps and it has removed the error, my problem is when i update the intel chip the error comes back. Is there a way to update my pc without that error coming back? Its kinda bad when the whole community has asked questions about this exact thing for a year now and there still is not a fix for this.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Darthwezel

Thank you for the response.

This situation seems to be related to the ship set driver, for that you may have to complete a driver installation, in that case, you have to refer to MSI*.

https://www.msi.com/about/contact-us/ https://www.msi.com/about/contact-us/

Please check you provide inbox.

Regards.

Leonardo C.