Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

i5 9600k CPU Load test Failed

ARimp1
Beginner

I run the IPDT 64 diagnostic on my computer, and the CPU load test has failed. But the tool does not give any detail about why it failed and how I can fix it.

Is their anything I've missed or anyway to find the cause ?

System Information

------------------

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Processor Information: Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 12

Number of Physical Cores: 6

Number of Logical Cores: 6

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel 64 bits

Graphics Information: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

MB : MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC

BIOS : A.60

RAM : DDR4 8Go Single

Thank you

0 Kudos
15 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Give us the whole log file from iPDT.

...S

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

Module - CPUFreq.exe did not create a results file.

That's the reason I guess.

Regards,

Lewis

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Let the OP answer the question.

Doc

0 Kudos
ARimp1
Beginner

Hello,

Here is the log.

Thanks !!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, I see what you mean regarding it not saying anything about the failure within the log.

During the CPU Load test, the tool is watching for the processor significantly overheating. If this occurs, the test is failed. Information about this is displayed in the GUI (though it is also usually displayed in the log file too). Could you please capture a screen shot at the point where the GUI tells you it has failed?

...S

0 Kudos
ARimp1
Beginner

Here is the screen shot. I monitored temperature as well and did not notice any specific rise. It gets to 60°c at most during Math test.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel (@Ronny_Intel​?) will need to look into this...

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

ARimp1, I just received an update on this matter.

In order to better assist you, could you please provide the Intel® Processor Diagnostics tool version that you are currently using?

What is the BIOS version installed in your motherboard?

Just to let you know, CPU load test stressess the processor using Intel® Math Kernel Library (MKL) for matrix Mutiply algorithm to load all Processor cores in parallel. The test will detect the presence and utilize the highest level of features like: AVX, SSE, DGEMM, etc.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

ARimp1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

ARimp1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
ARimp1
Beginner

Hello,

My apologies for the delay, with a newborn at home, it's pretty busy lately !

Here is the IPDT 64 version : 4.1.4.64

And the BIOS : 7B17vA6

Thanks again for your help,

Alexis

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

ARimp1, No problem at all, thank you very much or your sharing that information, congratulations on the newborn.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi ARimp1, I just received an update on this matter.

For this specific scenario, what we recommend is to update the BIOS of the board to the latest version, load the BIOS settings to defaults and as a last resource, if you have the option of course, to try a clean installation of Windows*, please back up any important information if you are going to try this option.

Now, if after trying the steps above, the Intel® PDT shows the same error, then the problem might be related to the Intel® Processor itself and a replacement of the unit might be needed, the warranty period for the Intel® Processor is 3 years.

Just to let you know, sometimes the BIOS of the board has a feature that auto-overclocks the processor automatically, if that feature is enabled it might be affecting the processor and the Intel® PDT results, you can always get in contact with the manufacturer of the board directly to check that information.

Any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

ARimp1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

ARimp1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos