Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14409 Discussions

i7-10700K -extreme tuning utility - reset to default

Dominik1
Beginner

Hi. I have problem...

After installing the program Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

the program automatically overclocked the processor to 4.7Ghz.

I would like to reset the processor to its original factory values.

Uninstalling extreme tuning utility did not help.

Resetting Bios didn't help.

At this high frequency, the temperature at the core of the cpu reached values ​​at 90-100C.

At the moment I have set the frequency in extreme tuning utility to 3.8Ghz but I don't know if that's enough or something else has been changed. Temperature is now ok. 

Report from intel processor diagnostic tool.

Thank you very much for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dominik1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to run the CPU on its default settings, please follow these recommendations and let us know about the outcome: 

1. Check with the motherboard's manufacturer (OEM) to set the BIOS settings to its default settings, this should help.  

2. Additionally, try completely uninstalling the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU): 

Try these two steps first:

1. Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility. 
    1. Use the Windows* 10 Apps and Features. 
    2. Search for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility. 
    3. Click uninstall
  2. Open the Task Manager.. 
    1. Check under Processes for XtuService
    2. If found, click End Task

Then, follow the steps below to completely remove the Intel® XTU: 

1. Locate installutil.exe at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe. 
  2. Locate XTU service at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe. 
  3. Using those pieces of information, open a command prompt as an admin and enter your information for the location of the Extreme Tuning service. (Your location may be different. An example is given below.) 
  4. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe. 
  5. Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel and C:\ProgramData\Intel. 
  6. Delete the folder named Intel® Intel Telemetry under C:\ProgramData:. 
  7. Reboot your system. 

3. If the above does not work, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dominik1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dominik1,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos