Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14674 Discussions

i7-12700H heating problem

yasarcnklc
Beginner
Hello, my Acer Nitro 5 (An515-58-7895) laptop was serviced twice, thermal paste was changed and fan maintenance was performed. My processor gets very hot, it can reach 60 degrees even when idle. It goes up to 90-95 degrees while gaming. According to the service, there is no heating problem, but in my opinion it operates at very high temperatures. Do you think this is normal, what should I do?
I do temperature checks from the 'Nitro sense' application.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello yasarcnklc,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

The Intel® Core™ i7-12700H Processor is allowed to have 100°C maximum temperature at the processor die, however to prevent any damage, we do not recommend running your system at high temperatures even it is on idle.

I understand that your Acer Nitro 5 (An515-58-7895) laptop was serviced multiple times, but since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system.

The thermal capability or ventilation of the overall laptop system that keeps the system cool depends on the quality of the build. If you are experiencing any thermal throttling, or there are sudden changes on how your system behaves relating to temperature it is best to coordinate with Acer for further advise on what settings they will recommend for you to consider tweaking such us voltage, cores and the like.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello yasarcnklc,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello yasarcnklc,

I hope you are doing well. Since we have not heard any feedback regarding our previous post, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos