Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

i7-3632QM 1.5 GHz

TFisc8
Beginner

Hallo! Habe seit längerer Zeit ein seltsames Problem:

Meine Laptop CPU taktet sich scheinbar immer wieder sporadisch von alleine herunter.

Vom Basistakt 2.2 GHz auf schlappe 1.5 GHz. Auch bei Beanspruchung bleibt er "unten". (Leistungseinbuße ca. 50% lt. Cinebench)

Es hilft bis jetzt nur ein Neustart von Windows. Grafik, RAM und alle anderen Funktionen sind davon nicht betroffen.

Windows 10 mit neuesten Updates (auch bei Windows 8 damals schon das Problem gehabt) ist momentan installiert.

Treiber wurden ebenfalls neu installiert. Im bootmenü habe ich auch keine Informationen gefunden.

Wie gesagt tritt der Fehler sporadisch auf. Meistens nach dem hochfahren, aber auch nach einiger Zeit bei Office Arbeiten etc.

Sony VAIO SVE 151G17M

Radeon Grafik HD7500

8GB RAM

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello neayof,

I understand that your processor is running at a frequency of 1.5GHz which is lower than the expected frequency.

Regarding this, it is important to run a diagnostic of the processor so we can have more information and determine what the problem could be. Please refer to the link below and download our Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Once downloaded and installed, please run a test and post the results here so I can have a look.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
TFisc8
Beginner

screenshot while testing. you can clearly see that the frequency isnt going higher than 1.5 ghz

here are the test results:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=127_ebzhSDpgQP6MlTTonmSFObN0yze0h TESTRESULTS @1.5 ghz.TXT - Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=108xGFnntFUuwEwQmrusCqMMiOlrJOlEd TESTRESULTS @2.8 ghz.TXT - Google Drive

both are passed with two frequencys. 2.8ghz and 1.5 ghz

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello neayof,

Thank you for your response,

Reviewing the information you have provided and also the attachment with the results it shows that the processor is working as intended. In fact, the screenshot that you provided was taken during other testings of the processor and not the frequency tests, this means that it may be related to the power options of your system.

Please refer to the attachment showing how to change the power plan you are currently using.

In order to get there, go to Start Menu > Settings > System > Power & Sleep> Additional Power settings. Make sure to change the plan to high performance and after applied reboot the system.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello neayof,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

I would like to know if you put the power plan on "High Performance".

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
TFisc8
Beginner

Hello there.

I didnt replied because the error was magically fixed. It was not the High Performance plan in the power plan. It was kind of fixed like a week ago. But since two days the processor frequency was always at 1.5 ghz, even after a reboot. Also changing the power plan did not changed anything on this case.

Also I made another IntelProcessor Diagnostic. Here is the result. It got passed as well..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zeM958UfrqaADIPZBEH4OuFCOkPdjp7C TESTRESULTS.TXT - Google Drive

Best Regard

Toni

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello neayof,

Thank you for your response,

Up to this point, we have changed the options of this processor to no avail. This means that there could be something that could be managed by the OEM (Sony) to save power and using the processor. I would strongly recommend to get in contact with Sony* support and see if there is any option like that because from Intel's side we have changed and checked the details the way we can.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello neayof,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

I would like to know if you were able to contact Sony*.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
TFisc8
Beginner

I am currently very busy with study. I try to contact sony when i finished my exams. I will update the status soon. I hope you can understand that. Im still attached to the case.

Regards

Toni Fischer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello neayof,

Thank you for your response.

Just for you to know, I am still following-up with your case.

Please let us know when you are able to get in contact with Sony*,

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello neayof,

I am following-up with your case and I can see that we have still not heard from you. I will need to close this case for now. Nevertheless, contact us back if you need any more assistance. We will be more than glad to help.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos