Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

i7-3770(non k) 64bit Win10

AWilm1
Beginner

Hi all

I have an old optiplex 7010, Q77 mobo i7-3770(non k) CPU, Can I install windows 10 64bit on this system? I've tried with a bootable device which says no, but when I check system type from my computer properties it says x64 based but then when I go through the other system specs view it says x86...

I'm confused here, can I run it or not?

My end goal is to get the system to have 16gb ram usable instead of the 4gb Im limited to with win10 32bit

Regards

Alex

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AlexWilmot,

I understand you would like to know if the Intel i7-3770 CPU supports or not Windows 10* 64-bit.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

The processor itself supports Windows 10* 64-bit, but depending on how Dell* configured the whole system then the operating system that will run in that specific system.

The best option would be contacting Dell* in order to check if that specific system will be able to support Windows 10* 64-bit.

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
AWilm1
Beginner

Problem solved, System can run 64bit Win10, needed to boot system into bootable install media then I had to manually wipe the drive and convert it to GPT (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dn336946.aspx Windows Setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style) then was easy to install.

now I have all my RAM usable

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AlexWilmot,

I am glad to hear issue has been fixed. Do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos