Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

i7-4650u working???

АСимо
Beginner

I purchased the processor. He does not have 3 components.

The seller assures that this processor is working.

In my opinion, the processor is defective.

What is the probability that the processor is working?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It may work, it may work sometimes, it may not work at all.

Return it, and purchase another from a reliable retailer.

Doc

0 Kudos
АСимо
Beginner

> It may work, it may work sometimes, it may not work at all

I would like to know if the absence of these three components is critical for work.

The seller states that the processor is a worker

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Was the processor new in the box, or something the seller claims is new?

Seriously, if you have doubts, return it, go to a trusted retailer, get a new processor in the box, and be happy.

Or, take your chances with what you have.

Doc

0 Kudos
АСимо
Beginner

Naturally the processor is not new.

Naturally the seller does not want to take it back and assures that the processor is working.

That's why I'm here. To be told for sure the work processor or dead.

There is my opinion against the seller's opinion. Need expert opinion.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The processor does not have all of its capacitors, therefore it is not complete.

There is no way you can be told that it is fully functional.

Now, if you want to test the processor, and take that as an answer, you can try https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792 Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Doc

0 Kudos
АСимо
Beginner

Without 3 components, the processor will be able to work? If so, how?

Or he basically will not be launched?

The question is how do the missing components affect the work in the processor?

Or they do not perform any function and stand because they cost? For example, like a beautiful wrapper or a sticker on the processor.

> you can try Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

For this you need to implement bga-soldering. In order to do bga-soldering you need to know the working processor or not

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Install it, boot it, test it, and then you will know.

You purchased the processor under the assurances from the seller that it worked.

It is a used processor, with missing components, and you want to be told it is functional.

Just test it and you can then make your own decision.

Doc

0 Kudos
АСимо
Beginner

> Just test it and you can then make your own decision

For this you need to implement bga-soldering. In order to do bga-soldering you need to know the working processor or not

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, you have been given the answer.

And, to further complicate things, are you saying that this processor was UNSOLDERED/REMOVED from another board by someone, and the seller is trying to tell you it is OK?

Doc

0 Kudos
АСимо
Beginner

The processor was in use. As far as I know, new i7-4650u processors are not manufactured.

I claimed the seller that there are no 3 components.

The seller refuses to accept claims, arguing that the processor is working,

and the missing components do not affect the processor

Link to the product: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.87.400eeb42Gxn1mD&id=561293297703&ns=1&abbucket=5# detail i7 4650U SR16H Intel BGA 植球测试 笔记本一体机工控CPU包测试-淘宝网

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, are you sure that these components are truly missing? That is, have you verified that the processors, as shipped in trays from Intel, included these components? If not, you should do this before anything else

If you are sure, then if this processor was desoldered from a board and the components are missing, I would be blaming the desoldering process for these components being missing - and, even it is was working before it was desoldered, it likely isn't going to work now. If you attempt to install it and it doesn't work, the seller will then be able to claim that your soldering process damaged it. My guidance would be to immediately stop and return it.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos