Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

i7 4790k max safe cache voltage

phual
Beginner

hi all like tittle says, what is max safe 24/7 cpu cache voltage for i7 4790k?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ppdemo:

In regard to your inquiry, we will do further research on this matter in order to try to find the information you requested.

As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ppdemo:

I just wanted to let you know that I just received the updates of the research we are doing on this subject.

According to those details the information you are requesting is not available, mainly because each individual processor is programmed with a maximum valid voltage identification value (VID) that is set at manufacturing and cannot be altered. Individual maximum VID values are calibrated during manufacturing such that two processors at the same frequency may have different settings within the VID range.

Additionally, the VCC voltage rail will supply the integrated voltage regulators which in turn will regulate to the appropriate voltages for the cores, cache, system agent, and graphics, the following information shows the range of voltage recommended for that processor:

The minimum Operation VID is 1.65v while the max is 1.86v

In IDLE, the minimum VID at 1.5v and the max at 1.65v

On the link below you will be able to find further voltage information for the 4th generation processors, please check page 98:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ppdemo:

I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you have further questions about this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos