Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

i7 5775c blue screen only in CS:GO game

KKucz1
Novice

Hi.

I have a problem with i7 5775c only when I play CS:GO comp shows a blue screen. Other games and applications are running properly.

In attachment screen and minidump.

CAN U HELP ME?

- i7 5775c BOX (cooler from box) no OC

- AsRock Z97 Pro4 (last bios 2.20)

- Asus Strix GTX980

- Geil Dragon 1600 CL9 (2x4GB)

- Chieftec 600W (A8)

- Windows 7 pro x64 oryginal (all updates)

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qczer,

Let's try to narrow down the issue. Check if you are running the latest INF and Management Engine drivers of your motherboard AsRock Z97 Pro4.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97%20Pro4/?cat=Download&os=Win764 ASRock > Z97 Pro4

Then, run a stress test using only motherboard, cpu, 1 memory stick without graphics card. The tool is called Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (file name: ipdt.64b.zip)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool-64-bit- Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (64-bit)

Run the test without any other application, at the end, go to View tab, pay attention to expected cpu speed and current cpu speed. Both should be the same.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
KKucz1
Novice

This lines?

--- Reading CPU Frequency ---

Expected CPU Frequency is --> 3.30

Detected CPU Frequency is --> 4.93253

CPU Frequency Test Passed!!!

(I have DDR3 not DDR3L maybe this is the problem?)

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qczer,

As you see the processor is over clocked, the system might get unstable without any notice. Intel® Core™ i7-5775c is a lock processor, not recommended to over clock it with motherboard features.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
KKucz1
Novice

I dont know why this clock is 4.9 ???

Today I restart settings of my motherboard to default and the scoe of test is same:

--- Reading CPU Frequency ---

Expected CPU Frequency is --> 3.30

Detected CPU Frequency is --> 4.93315

CPU Frequency Test Passed!!!

Expected frequency - The highest frequency at which the tested processor was manufactured to operate

Detected frequency - The frequency at which the tested processor is currently operating

Power management modes can create marginally higher or lower detected frequency

than expected frequency. Small variations in clock frequencies are common.

All settings are on auto (default)

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qczer,

The BIOS of your motherboard has an option to over clock the processor. Your processor has a base frequency of 3.3 GHz and Max Turbo Frequency is 3.7 GHz.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology increases the speed of the Cores; however, only 1 Core reaches 3.7GHz and the rest run at slower speed. Review below table.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005523.html?wapkw=turbo+boost+technology Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Frequency Table for Processors

Right now, your motherboard is increasing the speed of the 4 Cores at 4.93315GHz. The processor is supporting customized settings, but it can fail sooner or later and system might experience BSOD randomly. The processor is not working under default settings.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
KKucz1
Novice

You are sure about this Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (64-bit) working well?

In BIOS i have CPU max ratio on x37 and base clock on 100MHz (this is default)

and Your program after test show me:

--- Running Base Clock test ---

Detected Base Clock --> 133

Base Clock test Pass ---

ITS NOT TRUE!!!

0 Kudos
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Qczer,

Please take into consideration your processor supported RAM is DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.5V, If you are using DDR3 and it is also not the specified frequency 1333 MHz or 1600 MHz then your processor is not running under specifications and thus random BSOD's(Blue Screens) could occur.

I suggest testing your System with suggested specifications and you could also check the RAM memory. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/How-do-I-know-if-my-computer-has-a-memory-problem How do I know if my computer has a memory problem?*

Please let us know if the issue remains after testing it with the suggested Memory type.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos
KKucz1
Novice

Sorry that I answer so late but it was not easy to buy DDR3L at a good price. Problem solved. DDR3 changed on DDR3L (1.35V) and the 3rd time playing without a BSOD. Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Qczer

0 Kudos