Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

i7-6500u SST disabled

DMcGo1
Beginner

I have an I7-6500u in a HP spectre 15-ap004na

I am on windows 10 enterprise version 1607

I am of the understanding that the speedshift technology should be available and enabled on this combination.

However in HWINFO it is in red (which i think means available but not enabled)

I cannot see anyway to turn this feature on.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello The_seraphim,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

The option is normally located on the BIOS, depending on the motherboard you are using and how your system was built, the Intel® speed shift technology is available on 6 generation processors but this also depends on your computer manufacturer if they decide to enable or disable this option.

At this point, I suggest you to contact you computer manufacturer and find out if this option can be enabled on your system BIOS, you can check with them if there is a BIOS update that can help enable this option on your system.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello The_seraphim,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

The option is normally located on the BIOS, depending on the motherboard you are using and how your system was built, the Intel® speed shift technology is available on 6 generation processors but this also depends on your computer manufacturer if they decide to enable or disable this option.

At this point, I suggest you to contact you computer manufacturer and find out if this option can be enabled on your system BIOS, you can check with them if there is a BIOS update that can help enable this option on your system.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos