Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

i7 6700k 100% usage

JHier
Beginner

Hello,

I'm currently having issues while trying to stream and play Rainbow Six Siege. The CPU usages is going up to 100%. This cuts the encoding and I'm even having fps drops when I reach the 100%. Some people are streaming without any problem but they have older CPUs.

Windows 10

Intel i7 6700k

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard

Msi GTX 1080 Gaming X

Is that a known issue ? I'm not finding any solution for the moment

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JohnKnightRider,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having performance issues with your processor. Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
JHier
Beginner

Hello Juan,

Thanks for your answer ! Yes I already tried to update all the drivers and the BIOS.

The video card has the latest driver and is set correctly in the BIOS.

I'm just wondering about the chipset drivers. Are they supposed to update the CPU drivers when I check on windows ? Because I used Asus chipset updates and my i7-6700K still has a driver dated from 2009.

I tried to overclock the CPU to see if it would change anything but no still this high usage between 90-100%

Maybe this is an issue with the game itself !

Again thanks for you help !

Regards,

Jonathan H.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JohnKnightRider,

The processor only needs the graphics driver. As for the chipset, as long as you have the latest one from Asus, it will be ok.

For troubleshooting, you can try installing the latest graphics driver for the processor in case you don't have the latest one.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26836/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88345 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45] Version: 15.45.19.4678 (Latest) Date: 5/30/2017

However, this shouldn't affect the CPU performance as you mentioned you changed the configuration in the BIOS for the graphics.

You can also try playing a different game.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
DFren
Beginner

Привет JohnKinghtRider скажи пожалуйста у тебя процессор i7 6700k мог бы ты скачать утелиту gpu-z она покажет информацию о твоей видеокарте и о видеокарте процессора i7 6700k в нижнем углу программы вибери hd 530 Graphics но перед этим зайди в меню bios материнской платы выстави несколько дисплеев установи через intel driver scanner install driver hd 530 выберите в gpu z видеокарту hd 530 нажми где версия bios стрелку save to file сохрани файл bios графического ядра процессора hd530 и пришли мне или ссылку дай где я могу сказать этот файл проблема в том что я не тот bios по ошибке прошил а я вижу у тебя такой же процессор как у меня.

0 Kudos
DFren
Beginner

Всё норм я bios не прошил hd530 видеокарты встроенного графического ядра в процессор i7 6700k это был bios карты pci-e express x 16 и прошилась тока оно а не видеокарта встроенная в графическое ядро в процессор просто не обратил внимание отображалась карта не intel а pci-e express x16 открыл поновой утелиту и проверил всё норм сбоку просто инфа была о процессоре intel я и по думал что интел графика прошилась а прошилась не интел графика а видеокарта вставленная в слот pci-e express x 16 она даже отображалась видеокарта в утелите вставленная в слот pci-e express x16 а видеокарта hd530 не отображалась так что я не прошил hd530 видеокарту встоенную в процессор так что мне bios процессора i7 6700k видеокарты hd 530 встороенной в процессор не нужен процессор работает отлично.

0 Kudos
DFren
Beginner

скорее всего какой то процесс операционной системы microsoft windows грузит твой процессор до 100% проверь в деспетчере задач введи в гугол имя процесса и узнаешь в чем проблема.

0 Kudos
DFren
Beginner

Если ты установил драйвер производителя чипсета или видеокарты не самым последним то для обнавления по ищи драйвера устройств через меню деспетчера устройств выбери нужное устройство нажми обнавить поиск в интернете и драйвер будет самый последний если канешно для твоего чипсета метеринской платы есть самые последние драйвера.

0 Kudos