Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

i7 7700k An error has been corrected.

KGąsi
Beginner

Please excuse me, but I use google translator. I'm from Poland

Hello. Since I have the i7 7700k and the Asus Z270 Prime A motherboard, I have strange things with my computer, shutting down desktop games [crash], or blue screens - very different, shutting down the movie player. Mostly the problem is when the processor is only a little burdened, because all tests where it's loaded at 100% pass successfully. Even 8 hours prime95 passes successfully. I thought it was a mess in the system but I installed everything from scratch and nothing helped. I noticed that an error occurred in the event log

An error has been corrected.

Reported by component: core processor

Error Source: Corrected Computer Check

Error Type: Internal parity error

Processor ID APIC: 6 [or 7]

I'm talking about automatic BIOS settings all the time. I noticed that the problem disappears when the constant voltage settings are the same as the adaptive or off 4 core. Even adding offset +0.100 does not help. As if the problem is only when vcore is adaptive. What could be the cause, because I do not know whether the processor give back the warranty or the motherboard.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Kamil-1983,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Make sure all drivers for your motherboard manufacturer are installed and the latest graphics driver, you can download the latest graphics driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=98909 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46]

Please try running the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel® processor diagnostic tool and see if it passes.

Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS version from your motherboard manufacturer and set your BIOS to default settings, you can download the latest BIOS version for your motherboard here:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/ https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KGąsi
Beginner

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using the gtx 1070 graphics card so I did not install the Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows * [15.46]. The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool does not detect anything bad.

The drivers I have all new from manufacturer and bios. The windows system 10 I installed several times and tried different drivers - once new, once older but nothing helped.

I'm studying in computer science, I'm in second grade and I think the problem is hardware because I've tried everything.

I just can not determine whether the problem is in the processor or motherboard. I can not be without a computer and I have a plan that if it is a processor I have to give to the RMA then at this time I will buy a replacement Celeron G3900. But when the cause of the problem is the motherboard it makes no sense to buy this Celeron.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information, by any chance, have you tried removing the video card and use the integrated graphics on the processor just to isolate the issue.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KGąsi
Beginner

Hello

Now I did what you asked and unfortunately did not help. Even worse is because when this error occurs it immediately switches off the program or application.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information, when you say that you have tried everything, what have you tried so far?

Have you tried different memory RAM or one RAM at a time? Is it possible for you to try this processor on another compatible system? If not that is understandable.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KGąsi
Beginner

I tried to check a single RAM bone. I can not verify the processor on another motherboard. I think either the problem is with the processor or the motherboard, because setting a constant voltage fixes the problem. Disabling the 4 core also solves the problem. I even tried to set the adaptive vcore to 1.300 and 3.5 GHz clock and it does not solve this problem. But as I set override vcore 1.300 and 4.5 Ggz clock is no problem. Very strange it looks. The problem is only when the cpu is loaded on average for example full hd movie, or some moments in the game. Then an application crash or bsod appears.

I am very anxious to fix the problem. Because I do not want to donate cpu and motherboard to rma. As if I gave the same processor I would buy for that time celeron. And if it's a motherboard I would buy some cheap album for that time. I no longer have the strength to do so.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

When you get the BSOD do you see an error code?

I agreed that the issue might be on the motherboard or the processor but in this case to determine which one is the culprit is to test with different components, in this case we will need to test the processor on another system or another processor with the motherboard, this is the best way to determine which one is causing the issue. It is hard to know which one is causing the problem if we don't try the motherboard or the processor with other components.

At this point, if you really want to know which one is causing the issue I suggest you to bring the computer to a computer shop for them to test your components.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KGąsi
Beginner

BSOD: kmode exception not handler, driver corrupted, irq not less or equal, system thread exception not handler, memory corruption - this was only once. Setting override vcore fixes all BSOD.

I live in an area where there are no computer stores. 10 gets a payout and I decided to buy the cheapest z270 motherboard. I'll check the processor and sell it. I think I will not lose much on this, and I do not see another possibility to determine the cause. So much I will lose on how much I would pay in the computer shop for the CPU check. At first I thought it was a processor, but I read a lot and I am more and more convinced that this is the motherboard can cause problems.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information Kamil-1983, usually processors don't fail too often and for that reason there is a possibility that the motherboard can be culprit.

I'm sorry that you couldn't get your system running as you wish that now you are planning to sell your processor, I hope in the future you can have better experience with a system you built.

Best wishes,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KGąsi
Beginner

Today I checked the processor on another computer and the same error. But the processor is guilty of all this. Remains RMA. What time is usually the repair / replacement of the processor?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information and for taking your time to share this valuable information with us.

In this case, for you to get a replacement for the unit you can https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html contact support and submit your request.

You can create an online service request or you can do live chat to speed up the process.

Intel does not offer any repair service, Intel only replace a defective processor like for like and how long it takes for the replacement it depends on your local support group and how the replacement is handled.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KGąsi
Beginner

Yesterday I gave the RMA processor. I have described the problem and posted the windows event log. It was only when I looked through the logs that I saw this problem occurring from the new CPU. At first I suspected system problems. I did not even think that the new processor might be the cause. The waiting time is 10-14 days.

Thank you for your help and time.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are more than welcome!

I hope you can have a better experience with the replacement.

Ivan U.

0 Kudos