Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

i7 7700k heating

AAugu5
Beginner

Hi, I own a i7 7700k processor and it is peaking to high temp 90C-100C while gaming and also sometimes in idle. i re applied thermal paste and still the same.

My friend own this same processor with same problem and he delidded and he used some aftermarket thermal paste between the die and the IHS.

Now he is getting between 70-75C while gaming and 35-45C in idle and lower. I wanted to do this thing but, you guys will cut of the warranty.

I think you guys are cheating people who buys your products why can't you use some good thermal paste.

Every one who owns this processor has this same problem. Make some solutions for this, because this is yours fault and i this goes on like this soon no one will be buying

your products. I am waiting for your reply.

spec:

i7 7700k

Masterliquid pro 280

Tridentz 16gb Ram

Asus strix 1060 6gb

Mastercase pro 5

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi AlbertAug,

I work for Intel Customer Support and I can see that you have already engaged with local support to address this issue.

I am setting this forum as "assumed answered" please let the local support know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
AAugu5
Beginner

Yes, and the agent said that customer support from my region(India) will contact me within 2 days. And they have not reached me yet.

0 Kudos
BAK
Beginner

Same issue here. I had the i7-6700K and the i7-7700K certain runs warmer, idle temps and load. It appears Intel has no solution for this. The 7700K has a faulty architectural design. I doubt there's anything they can do

0 Kudos