Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

i7 7700k processor dont pass 60w, and core multiplier dont pass x44

dridri2424
Beginner
turbo mode says it should be at x45,I was wondering if my processor is right to maintain these statuses, i dont have an overclockable motherboard, and the processor is in turbo mode. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello dridri2424,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Can you share a link/picture/screenshot where your read this information from? ("turbo mode says it should be at x45")

3. Are you having a performance issue with your processor?

4. By "turbo mode", do you mean "Turbo boost"?

5. Can you disable Turbo boost at the BIOS?

6. Can you provide the brand and model name of your motherboard?

7. Can you provide a picture of the status described? ("processor don't pass 60w, and core multiplier don't pass x44")

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
dridri2424
Beginner

my motherboard is a "asus prime b250m-plus-BR", in the first image is the stress test that I'm running, in the second you can see the multiplier in the stress test, 8-45 but stays in x44, in the third is the stats of my processor, all cores dont pass 4.4ghz, sometimes goes over 4.4 but never stays, and in the fourth the turbo mode target.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello dridri2424, 

Based on the information provided I would like to share with you the following:

1. This "Turbo mode" refers to the "Turbo boost", which is a Technology that can help to improve the performance of the computer when it's needed.

2. Turbo boost increases the frequency of one or more cores depending on the tasks that are being performed. Even though this option can be enabled at the BIOS, the operating system is who determines:

- When needs a boost.

- Which core(s) eneble.

- How many cores need to be increased.

- For how long it needs to be active.

3. The maximum frequency is just a reference of what is the top speed reached for the CPU model under specific circumstances. However, this doe not mean that the CPU needs or is going to reach the maximum frequency all the time.

4. The Turbo boost frequency could variate depending on the workload, BIOS, airflow, operating system, cooling solution, motherboard. Also, you cannot choose the frequency that you want, this will be determined by the operating system, and as long as the frequency increases at the moment needed the technology and your processor are working fine.

Do not worry if the frequency does not stay solid and changes, that is normal behavior as well as the fact that it enables only some cores and not all of them. If you would like to know more about the settings and normal behavior of this technology on your system, I recommend you to get in contact with Asus for more details.

In addition, the following links can provide you more details of this technology:

1. What is Intel® Turbo Boost Technology: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030893/processors.html

2. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html

3. Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Turbo Boost Technology: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007359/processors/intel-core-processors.html

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello dridri2424,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello dridri2424, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos