Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

i7 7700k temperature

MStef8
Beginner

Hello,

I have an i7 7700k..and when i run benchmark heavy load (https://www.jam-software.com/heavyload/) cpu temperature spikes to 100 degrees Celsius in under one minute (and stays around 100)..after few seconds from starting the benchmark.. temperature is above 80. When i run prime95 benchmark temperature from idle spikes to above 80 degrees after two seconds (stays above 80 - 90+ degrees). When i''m playing for example Assassins Creed Origins..cpu temperatures are 90-100 degrees(not even 100% usage)..but with my other procesor..intel G4620..(100% usage) cpu temperatures are around 50 degrees Celsius..in the same system. I think something is wrong with the cpu. I didn't overclock the cpu(ever).

Can you please help?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Seeing temperature spikes is perfectly normal and expected (no, there's nothing wrong with your processor), but your cooling solution should not be letting the temperature remain at these levels. It should be lowering the temperature over time when in sustained load conditions. Without knowing anything about your system, there's are simply too many possibilities to discuss. Please describe your system better - and especially your processor cooling solution - so that I can limit the possibilities to be discussed.

...S

0 Kudos
MStef8
Beginner

How do you explain playing AC Origins with temperatures staying between 90-100..are you telling me it is normal to play games on temperatures like that..Tj max is 100 degrees? It's not the system..or cooling solutions(i used intel stock cooler and corsair H60 water cooling) and tried two different procesors in the same system. And how do you explain that only with this procesor temperature jumps to 80+ after two seconds and stays there(even comes to 100 degrees) ?

windows 10 64 bit-pro

geforce gtx 1070 gaming x 8 gb

8gb ddr4 2133Mhz corsair

samsung ssd 250 gb

0 Kudos
MStef8
Beginner

Procesor whas tested in my system..and my friends system. I have corsair tx 550M 550w 80+ gold ..he has chieftec 700w..results were the same.

0 Kudos
MStef8
Beginner

So please don't tell me its the cooling or the system.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Again, the initial spikes are perfectly normal and expected. If the load is sustained and your cooling solution is not pulling the temperatures down from these spikes, then it *is* the cooling solution's fault. Now, remember that this may have nothing to do with the physical portion of the cooling solution; this could also be the result of poor configuration of the fan speed control algorithms.

...S

0 Kudos