Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

i7-7820x no boot with ASRok x299 Taichi

JLaut
Beginner

I'm sure the processor is seated correctly. I've checked it twice. However, when I turn the power on I get no video and Dr. Debug gives me error code 00. I reset the cmos a number of times with no success. I've checked all my connections and eliminated all drives except the boot drive (Samsung EVO SSD with Win 7 x64). I have an ATI radeon HD 5700 series GPU installed in PCIe 1 (DVI out) and I have 2 each 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw V in slots A1 and B1. any suggestions? I think I may have a bad processor.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Lado,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the boot issues that you are experiencing with your Intel® Core™ i7-7820X X-series Processor, It will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

In this case in order to assist you let me verify some steps and ask you a couple of questions in order to determine if you really need a replacement or not.

When you press the power button for a few seconds until the system reboots, do you hear any beeping noises?

If that is the case and you hear beeping noises, please refer to the motherboard manual to interpret the sounds.

Is your system new?

If you're using a new system build, boot using the minimum number of components. For example, you might use one memory module and the processor.

Check for visible bent or broken pins on the motherboard. Physical damage may affect the optimum functionality of the processor.

Did your system work before?

Determine if there have been any recent changes. Often if a change is made, that recent change is the cause of the problem. If there were any hardware changes, reverse the changes.

As well please make sure with you OEM that the BIOS of your machine is updated.

Have you tried to install the CPU in another system?

Please let us know the outcome; I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JLaut
Beginner

Hi Diego,

No beeping noises. It's a new build and I'm using the bare minimum of components. I see no damage to either the processor or the motherboard. I can't flash the bios because I can't boot the system but the bios I have looks to be the most current on the ASRok website. I don't have another system (motherboard) to try the processor out on.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lado,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.

Can you please try to boot the system up without RAM memory, just to see if the error code changes?

At this point, the most effective way to tell if the actual processor is defective or not will be by replacing it so you can test another unit on the board.

I strongly recommend you to check the processor's warranty status and start a claim if necessary through:

https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo

As well I would like to remind you that you have 30 (from the moment of purchase) to approach the original place of purchase so they can perform an expedite exchange.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lado,

I was taking a look to your case and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back if you have any other question or concern.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JLaut
Beginner

After replacing the memory everything worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos