Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

i7-8085U suspect fail.

rab66
Beginner

Hi,

My laptop is an Acer Swift-SF514-52T i7-8550U, 8GB, 256GB, graphics 620,
I usallly run Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS 64 Bits.
The problem shows up just when I close the lead to send the pc to sleep. after that opening the lead again the screen is already blank and can not be waked up.
So, the only way to continue working is to switch it off and then switch it on again. It looks like is something not going fine in its hardware.
I also work sometimes in Windows 10, the problem is the same blank screen and no way to wake it up.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards,
Ramon

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello rab66

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Using Windows, you can run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, this will help you determine the processor status or if there is a problem with it:

In Windows 10*, please provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)  results

•  Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

This will help us determine if this is a problem with the processor/graphics. If you feel this might be an issue with the laptops hardware, you can contact the manufacturer for troubleshooting.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
rab66
Beginner

Hi,

I run the test it looks fine to me, but I've not been able to send the result to you because my system is not smart enough to connect via Wi-Fi to you.

May be I'd missed to tell you that I upgraded my PC from Intel i5 to this i7 mother board processor.

Anyway, thanks a lot for you help.

Best regards,

rab66

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

You can save the SSU results and share the text file as a post, you don't need to submit from the tool itself. Let us know once you can share this information.

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Did you get the chance to get the information?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos