Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

i7-8700 24bit/192 khz support

HBace
Beginner

Hi,

I have one Intel i7-8700 with a motherboard Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac and everything is just working fine in a windows 10 Pro.

However the only issue that i found is that when i connect the computer to a av receiver capable of mentioned format by the onboard hdmi the output format 24bit - 192 kHz is not available in windows. The drivers installed are the latest available. I have a old pc that can do this without any problem. So the receiver is not the problem.

I thing this is an old issue because i can see several posts in the community forum without resolution or solution. There are any expected date to fix this issue?

Best regards,

Hugo

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HBace
Beginner

In 8th Generation Intel Processor Datasheet (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/8th-gen-processor-family-s-platform-datasheet-vol-1.html 8th Gen (S-platform) Intel® Processor Family Datasheet Vol.1) page 42 is refered that the processor support LPCM 192 kHz.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That is correct; the hardware is capable of supporting this configuration -- but the Windows driver does not support it. When last the issue came up in discussions, the drivers team told us this wouldn't be fixed in the near term.

Sorry,

...S

HBace
Beginner

Hi Scott,

There are any reason for that?

In a world where streaming and high resolution audio files are the future, why intel don't do this? There are any known workaround for this issue?

Thanks

Hugo

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, I could speculate, but that doesn't solve anything. The only workaround is to use lower quality audio. That's all you can do until they fix this.

...S

0 Kudos