Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

i7-8750H without iGPU?

Hatter
Beginner

A month and a half ago I bought a new Omen 15 laptop with i7-8750H processor. I noticed that non of my operating systems could detect the integrated 630 UHD GPU. After contacting HP support I was told that the unit did not have an integrated graphics card. I found that odd because I distinctly remember that on the official information page from Intel it was stated that the processor had the 630 UHD. I searched everywhere for information on whether or not there was another variant of the i7-8750H but I have found nothing. So here I am, at the source, asking the question: Is there another variant of the i7-8750H processor that is manufactured without an integrated GPU?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The i7-8750H does indeed have graphics:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134906/intel-core-i7-8750h-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-10-ghz.html

There is no other version of the i7-8750H.

It could be that your laptop has either amd or nvidia graphics, and the manufacturer decided to not enable the intel graphics.

Doc

0 Kudos
Hatter
Beginner

Hey there.

Thank you for the swift response. Do you know if there is any way that I could enable it? There is nothing in the BIOS and the engineering team from HP aren't any help (they're just saying "we've disabled it" and that's it).

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If it is disabled in the bios, then you could enable it

Doc

0 Kudos
Hatter
Beginner

Unfortunately, there is no option in the BIOS to switch graphics. In fact, the BIOS looks dumbed down and simplified. No advanced options or anything of the sort.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Hatter,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

Based on the information that you have provided, and the information provided on their product specifications website for this laptop model, they make an emphasis on the NVIDIA® GeForce® Series graphics adapter on the computer and they probably have customized the computer to use only the NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics card, which has been confirmed in one of your previous post where an agent from HP has informed you that the Intel® Graphics adapter has been disabled, we could not offer you further recommendations.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos