Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

i7-9700F Running at slow speeds

MuurkHuutson
Beginner

I built a new PC last week with a 9700F on a GIGABYTE Aorus Z390 mobo. Up until today, the core has been running at 4+ GHz while running a server. Now, having changed nothing, the core is running around 2GHz, and is often dropping below 1GHz. The base speed is 3.00 GHz.

My CPU knowledge is limited. My understanding is that the processor slows down when it has either alot of processes to work or if it has to process something intensive. Since neither of these are the case, I am confused at the low speed as well as the fluxuation. 

Running Windows 10 x64. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MuurkHuutson,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

• Is this frequency change affecting your PC or aplications? If so please provide more details.

To gather more information about the the CPU performance and envrionment, please provide me the below reports:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Please provide an Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MuurkHuutson,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let me know if you need more assistance.  

Best regards,  

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MuurkHuutson,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos