Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

i7-9700K High temps when just browsing or loading websites

marcelkoks
Beginner

Hello so my i7 has very high temps when i literally only use web browser or loading a website. Same in gaming, temps goes up to like 70. Even after i clean up my whole PC, changed thermal paste and changed my water cooling temps are the same. Heres a pic how it looks when im loading a random website. Temp jumps like to 70 when loading and goes back.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the information. Checking the reports provided it does seem that your system has high temperatures but it's not overheating, the maximum temperature allowed for this processor is 100°C. I also noticed that your BIOS is not updated and the memory is running outside specifications. The maximum memory speed allowed as per specifications is 2666MHz and your current memory is running at 3200MHz, to change this you will need to modify BIOS settings. For both of these recommendations you will need to contact the motherboard manufacturer. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello marcelkoks

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
marcelkoks
Beginner
0 Kudos
marcelkoks
Beginner
  • I Dont know when did the issue started, I noticed it when i installed MSI Afterburner and have seen these temps
  • Cooling system is working
  • No i didnt, but i have maximum performance plan in power management
  • I measure temps with msi afterburner
  • Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool results - when i was taking the test my whole pc was lagging and i couldnt do anything, usage was 100% and temp about 84
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the information. Checking the reports provided it does seem that your system has high temperatures but it's not overheating, the maximum temperature allowed for this processor is 100°C. I also noticed that your BIOS is not updated and the memory is running outside specifications. The maximum memory speed allowed as per specifications is 2666MHz and your current memory is running at 3200MHz, to change this you will need to modify BIOS settings. For both of these recommendations you will need to contact the motherboard manufacturer. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Davidjhon For your 3rd gen processor, I would reapply the thermal paste, and make sure the heatsink is clear of all dust, that the cpu fan is working, and the case fans are working.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos