Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

i7 9700K failure on FPU tests and restarts

EKara20
Beginner

For the past week I am getting some random restarts.. I check the temparature of hardware and there's nothing wrong. Restarts may trigger in any action like gaming/coding or even browsing internet..

I start searching around and I downloaded the AIDA64 softoware to test the CPU. It passes all the Memory & CPU tests but by the time i press FPU test the PC restarts...

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

***EDIT***

I redure the boot cores from 8 to 6 and seems that issue is resolved. But what does it mean? Do I need better power supply?

CPU : i7-9700K

MOBO : Gigabyte Aorus z370 (F11 BIOS)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
EKara20
Beginner

Thank you for the reply!

this test come up as success...

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

EKara20, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, when the Intel® Processor passed the Intel® PDT test, it indicates that the processor is working fine and that there are no problems with the unit.

Based on the fact that the Intel® Procesor passed the test, I just wanted to check if the issue of random restarts continues and if you need further assistance on this matter?

If the problem remains, then please provide the SSU report so we can verify some details about the components installed in your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello EKara20, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
EKara20
Beginner

The problem was the power supply. Apparently over the years the output was declining.. I had the power supply for 7-8 years.

By the time I bought a new one, the issue was resolved.

Thank you everyone for your answers!!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello EKara20, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed by replacing the power supply and now the computer is working properly.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contat us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos