Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11680 Discussions

i7-9750H running hot & overheating

MichaelS75
Beginner

Hi there,

I have an MSI Workstation with an i7-9750H core and am having issues with heat and the laptop overheating and shutting down on a regular basis.  I have run HWMonitor software and witnessed temps of either side of 100 degrees C as the max core temps and min temps in the 80's & 90's.  I have also run the SSU report which I have attached.  Could someone PLEEEEEASE help me?!  This is a work computer and I've lost quite a bit of work and time already because of overheating.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelS75,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below reports:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) (the attachment is missing)

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT)

• Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool download.
  • The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.
  • To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelS75,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelS75,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.