Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

i7 9750h When GPU is using Package TDP is about 7-10W

Mike41
Beginner

Hello everybody. I have some problem of my PC. When GPU is using, Package TDP is about 7-10W. But when GPU is not using TDP of my CPU in stress test is normal. This hasn't happened before. Because of it my fps in my games is very low. Please help me, it is very imoprtant for me. Current/EDP limit throttling is allwawys displayed "YES". But when GPU is using Power Limit throttling is displayed "YES" and  Current/EDP limit throttling is displaying ''NO''

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Mike41,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Was there any hardware upgrade or driver/Windows update before the issue started?
  • When you mention GPU, are you referring to the integrated graphics or a dedicated graphics card?

As well, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Mike41
Beginner

There was not any hardware upgrade or driver/Windows update before the issue started.  I don't mean integrated graphics i mean RTX 2060. I attach the file you asked and named it 1

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

In order to work on this, may I please know what software are you using to measure those parameters? Are you using Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) or any other third party tool?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mike41
Beginner

I am using Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) to measure those parameters

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

By any chance, are you able to provide screenshots of the parameters in XTU for research and documentation purposes?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mike41
Beginner

Mike41_0-1650971818691.pngMike41_1-1650971831621.pngMike41_2-1650971847793.png

There is screenshots when games are closed and GPU is not using

0 Kudos
Mike41
Beginner

Mike41_3-1650972278810.png

This is screenshot when i openning any game

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

By any chance, have you performed any setting change in XTU? The Current and Power Limit Throttling can be caused by the IccMax set too low in XTU, voltage regulator limit is set too low in BIOS (different motherboard OEMs may have different names for this control, so please check with your motherboard vendor), or that the motherboard is not able to provide enough current to the CPU.

The issue could also be caused due to not enough cooling in your system. Have you noticed any overheating issue in your system?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos