Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

i72600k Temperature Question.

idata
Employee

Hi, I am all new into the over clocking scene and stuff, so I got the following question.

I have read from different related posts that the i72600k processor is a 95W processor which operates safely at a max Tcase of 72°C.

I test my CPU with AIDA64 and validate specs with CPU-Z.

After around 10 mins of performing the system stability test, AIDA throws the following results:

I am concerned about the individual Core temperatures, because clearly they are close to their maximum operating temperature, however if I am not understanding wrongly CPU temperature was maximum 44°C (is this the CPU case temperature??) which means I am safe? Or should I worry about the cooling?

BTW, got a big TT case with 2 fans, and an H80 cooling system for the CPU, ambient temp should be around 24°C.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

You do not need to worry about the cores temperature, the cores temperature can reach around 100 degrees Celsius, and it is still OK.

You need to pay attention to the CPU temperature itself, in this case it is reporting 44 degrees Celsius, which is under the maximum recommended temperature (72.6 degrees Celsius), so at the moment there is no reason to worry about it.

idata
Employee

Thanks for the the information Adolfo!

0 Kudos