Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

i9-10850k High temps while gaming

RikF
Beginner

Experiencing high package temps. I'm using XTU to monitor, up to high 90's sometimes hitting 100 c while playing several fps and driving games. Other stress tests i have done seem to pass other than memory stress I cancelled after a few minutes because i thought the temps were getting too high. On idle the max core frequency is spiking.

The motherboard has been replaced with identical Gigabyte Z490 UD AC with original i9-10850k , old board had bad memory slots. Thermal paste should be fine, checked after first application and spread was good, should be no air in CPU cooler, radiator is above.

My case fan speeds do not change rpm with temp and from what i can tell, also my two cooler fans, unless done manually with software or remote control that came with pc. hoping this is just a improper fan control or other setup.   

Thanks, Rick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

RikF, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Based on the results showing in the IPDT test report that you share with us, we can confirm that the Intel® Core™ i9-10850K Processor is working fine since it passed the test, so if there is an overheating problem with your system, it is related to a different component.

According to the SSU report, the memory RAM seems to be the proper one as well.

So, when you are using the PC, is it throttling, getting freeze or going off by itself?

Is the latest BIOS version provided by Gigabyte already installed?

Just to confirm, how many fans or cooling solutions are you using?

Are you using an external Graphics card or any other peripheral?

You mentioned the board was replaced once, were you using this same Intel® Processor with that other board, and did it show this same problem?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello RikF, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello RikF, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos