Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

i9-12 CPU uses only small core for the process when it is under the minimum window.

weishc
Beginner

But not for the Cinebench.

How to turn this feature off?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello weishc

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Does this only happen with Cinebench?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
weishc
Beginner

Sorry for the late reply, I have already talked to your live chat agent.

He/She told me that it's not your business and I should go find support from my motherboard manufacturer.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello weishc,

Thank you for the information provided, we have checked the chat case you opened with us and wanted to add some information in order for you to understand why you should review this with your motherboard manufacturer. 

The 12th generation of Intel® Processors works with both E-cores and P-cores, each type of core is in charge of performing different types of tasks. E-cores deliver multithread performance for tasks that can run in parallel like image rendering. P-cores are designed to maximize single-thread performance and responsiveness for computer-intensive workloads. 

The way the system knows which type of cores it needs for each task is handled by the Intel® Thread Director. This component automatically monitors and analyzes each task the system needs to perform and assigns the types of cores for each task. This is all done dynamically, adapting scheduling guidance based on actual computing needs, not on static rules. 

If you want to disable a type of core or force the processor to use all cores at the same time, you need to check with the motherboard manufacturer to see if an option for doing this is available in the system. Please take into consideration that Intel does not recommend performing these changes since it will modify the way the processor works resulting in possible damages to the system. Remember that if a processor is used out of the specifications we provide, we cannot ensure its proper functioning. 

If you want to check this and more information about 12th gen Intel® Processors, please check the following link where you can find specifications and extra information about these products. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/12th-gen-processors.html?cid=sem&source=sa360&campid=2021_q4_ccg_us_ccgcm_ccgcm2_awa_text-link_brand_phrase_cd_alder-lake_3002120625_google_b2c_is_non-pbm&ad_group=brand_alderlake_b2c1-awa&intel_term=alder+lake&sa360id=43700067167148688&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6o37ipml9AIVtwqtBh00gwPsE...

Best regards, 

Josue O.