Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14647 Discussions

i9 14900k - Gaming Issues

Zlicer
Beginner

Good Morning,

I hope this email finds you well,

I bought a new PC not long ago - and I have been encountering many issues while playing in 3 games so far..

The Finals, The Last of Us Part 1, Monster Hunter Rise as well as World and Jedi Survival won't open and in some of them I will get a message I don't have enough graphic memory - but I have a 4090 and 64gb ddr5 ram

The only way I make this games work was by installing Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility - and turn the Performance Core Ratio from 57x to 52x - is this normal? would this be always required? am I missing something?

Kind Regards,

Eli

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Zlicer

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We sincerely regret you are experiencing issues with your Intel® Core™ i9-14900KF Processor, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Was it working before?

·      Have you made any recent software change?

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the report from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zlicer
Beginner

Hello Jose,

Thanks for the answer,

Mine is a Intel® Core™ i9-14900K Processor without the F.

To your questions:

·      Was it working before?

I don't think so, I purchased the computer 2 months ago, so possibly not.

·      Have you made any recent software change?

I am not sure if I made any software changes to be honest - but as said below I can only play said games doing this

"installing Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility - and turn the Performance Core Ratio from 57x to 52x"

And I am not sure if that is normal.

Please find attached documents requested - the test from Diagnostic Tool - the first time Failed in the Prime Number - then I did it twice more and it was completely fine.

Kind Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Zlicer

Thank you for your reply and the reports.

We noticed that the configured memory clock speed is beyond Intel’s specifications, please disable any overclocking and set the frequency to the maximum supported (5600 MT/s) by your Intel® Core™ i9-14900K Processor.

Also, please make sure the graphics driver and Windows are up to date. Let us know the outcome.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Zlicer
Beginner

Hello Jose,

Thank you very much for the above,

You are a lifesaver - so apparently the base speed for my CPU in the bios was set up as x57 or 5.7 Ghz - that probably caused the issue, which is weird in the Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility - shows x57 as default - but I haven't changed any of those settings, is there a way to put it as default?

How can I leave everything as I was when I bought it? - I think that probably would resolve every issue - as per picture attached is "Manually Tunned" - Perfomance Core Ratio x32 and Efficient Core Ratio x44.

Thank you very much for this again!, you really helped me here.

Kind Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Zlicer

Thank you for letting us know.

Please keep in mind that the default settings of Intel® XTU are found on the board's BIOS.

If a profile is set from the Intel® XTU with a specific value, follow the steps below:

1.    Back up any Intel® XTU profile before reinstalling the program to avoid losing settings.

2.    Reinstall Intel® XTU.

3.    Load BIOS default to apply the default settings.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Zlicer

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to follow the previous steps?

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
Zlicer
Beginner

Hello Jose,

Thank you very much for checking!, to be honest I haven't been able to fix this yet - as per the picture attached, bios show as modified by the AI but It's set up as normal, also I uninstalled the Armoury Crate as per Asus indications but still shows the CPU at 5700, so I am bit lost!

any help could be appreciated, would it work if I turn the computer and power off and remove the battery from the mother board? or that would be too much?

Kind Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Zlicer

Thank you for your reply.

Please keep in mind that the previous steps were recommended to have your system with the default settings, meaning no overclocking.

If you require further assistance with the motherboard settings, please contact the system manufacturer. https://rog.asus.com/us/support

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
terrorbyte
Beginner

Hello everyone, I seem to be having the same issue as Zlicer, I have an i9 14900KF and lots of games only seem to work if I set the Performance Core Ratio to 5.2.

These problems are happening in Call of Duty and Ready or Not for me as well. Can I get a quick check up to see what's the issue in my case and hopefully get a guide on how I would fix it? I didn't change anything from the stock settings, at least not on purpose.

0 Kudos