Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

i9 9900K 1 or 3 cores and threads usage work %85-100

cdemi1
Beginner

Why is happenin? Look pictures please. Cpus cores and threads not work together. My english bad sorry but all hardwares new. Motherboard msi meg ace z390 - i9 9900k - corsair 150i pro - msi rtx 2080ti x trio. ssd m2 is 970 evo plus and ssd sata is evo 860 . ram is 16gb corsair 3200mhz. My psu corsair rm850x(2018) What am I missing? I use windows 10 pro. But one thing is when I download msi motherboard chipset, All lookin well outside but when I click Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #1 - A338 or another port it says in event: cannonlake hsystem - the device didnot start. And why them all says cannonlake. It need coffee lake ? When I press Intel(R) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901 and it's for rtx 2080ti. Event say: device uploaded(skylakesystem inf.) What is that? Why My all chipset devices work with cannonlake or skylake. I tried reinstall windows but always this happenin. Another side I use UPS 1400VA I think its 750W . This ups can be do that not stability cpu usages? I tried overclock 5ghz cpu but it didnt change anything. When I put vsync on and use framecap it looks like pictures but when I close vsync and none cap that all doing same thing. I really dont understand.Please look pictures 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello cdemi1, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. The processor increases or decreases the load of each core depending on the task it is running, keep in mind also that Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; cause the processor and other system components to fail; cause reductions in system performance; cause additional heat or other damage; and affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. You can try running our Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool to make sure that the processor is working properly, refer to the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
cdemi1
Beginner

But I did not touch anything. I did not overclock or something. And my temps are all normal but this threads and cpu usages going 95 always .

0 Kudos
cdemi1
Beginner

Thats my test results. Please look and if something wrong tell me. I dont understand anything.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The test is passing without issue. No signs of any problems in the processor!

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The misidentification of the chipset device is occurring because you don't have the latest Chipset Device Software properly installed on your system. Use this process:

1. Download the latest release of the Intel Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package.
  2. Extract the ZIP file contents to a temporary folder.
  3. Open a Command Prompt window.
  4. Change the current directory to be this temporary folder.
  5. Enter command "SetupChipset -overall".
  6. After this command completes and the system is rebooted, you can delete this temporary folder.

Here is download page for the latest version of the package that I can find: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28217/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK.

As for core and thread utilization in your game, this is purely based upon the implementation of your game. You need to be asking your game developers why they didn't design their game to better take advantage of the additional execution threads available to it. Unfortunately, this is a common problem in games these days. Poor, rushed, crappy implementations.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
cdemi1
Beginner

But ur link say: Nuc kit. Mine is not nuc kit. I use case with msi meg ace z390 motherboard. I can download it too or you give me a wrong something?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let's just say that I am hoping that this is version will work, since it is the most recent I could find. If it does not work, it won't do any harm; we can just try again with an alternate version if this is the case

...S

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello cdemi1, Were you able to check the information posted by N.Scott.Pearson? Let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello cdemi1, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos