Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

i9-9900k Cores issue

beginnings
Beginner

I have a ASUS prime z390-A motherboard and an i9-9900k. I bought them around a month ago and wondered why my performance was taking a hit. I checked my bios and they said all cores were running and i selected that option as per. 

However when i look a task manager it only says my pc is running at 3 cores and 5 processors and so i attempted to do the typical msconfig to change the processors but the same issue was there with 5 processors. Does anyone know how to make all 8 cores run on my pc and if not whether my cpu or the motherboard is the issue, I bought all the components brand new and none of the other parts have issues. Could this be a bios issue or something worse.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @beginnings

We found that you have an internal open case describing the same issue and the same hardware/software environment as the one in this thread. Since Intel® Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal case, to avoid duplication of effort we will close this thread now and the support will continue through the internal case.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos