Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

i9-9900k is dead after 6 months used. Would like to understand and know why and what killed it.

KenYong_O_Intel
Employee

I have been using a i9-9900k in my pc for the past 6 months flawlessly, until then it was dead yesterday during half-way used of my pc. My pc went freeze and I had to forced shut down it, and it was looping boot with BSOD message whea_uncorrectable_error. I have tried to update my bios version to see if this solves the issue, until then pc will never boot up again.

How do I find out the i9-9900k that is the cause of this BSOD error message and no booting again after updating bios version:

- Swapped to another processor to check if the pc boots up, and it does.

- with i9-9900k on the board, motherboard's Onboard LED stuck at "VGA" part even with GPU has taken off.

I would like to find out and understand what could be the possible causes that killed the i9-9900k so quick.

Additional information:

- Never over-clocked the processor in the past 6 months

- Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z390-e

- CPU cooler: Corsair H110i Platinium

- GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX1080

- PSU: Corsair RM750i Gold certified

- RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengence LPX

Would appreciate if someone could drop comments to let me know what are the possibilities. Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you running the latest bios provided by ASUS?

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello kenyong.ooi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to know if you were able to check Al.Hill's post.

Also, could you please let us know the exact model of the second processor you tested and worked fine?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello kenyong.ooi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos