Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

i9 9900k pantalla azul de la muerte

Leonardo33
Beginner
Cuando enciendo estando la configuración de la biosfera stock me sale el error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL pero si bajo la frecuencia a 3,6 si me deja acceder a windows sin ninguna explicación. Mi placa es la asus z390 p y mi versión de bios es la 2820
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Leonardo33

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following details?

1- What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue? 

2- Was the processor purchased less than 30 days ago?

3- Is there any sign of physical damage on the processor?

4- Did you overclock the processor?

• Please elaborate more regarding when you said "the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error is happening when powering up using biosfera stock".
  • Also, how are you changing/lowering the processor frequency to avoid this behavior? Are you changing this in the BIOS, are you doing this by loading BIOS defaults, or using any particular software to adjust/set the processor frequency?

5- Did you enable Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profiles) and if yes, what was the memory speed configured?

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Leonardo33
Beginner

1)Para solucionar el problema momentaneamente hice esto:

1. el primer paso fue coger y configurar los nucleos de procesador a 4,7 ghz

2. cambio dentro de la bios la cpu load line calibration a nivel 7

3. despues de estas dos cosas me funciono bien durante un dia, a lo que cada vez me di cuenta que tenia que ir bajando mas los ghz del procesador para que no me saliese el error (irql not less or equal) al intentar meterme a windows

4. ahora mismo tengo todos los nucleos a 2,6 ghz y seguramente llegará el momento donde deje de funcionar este ¨truco¨¨

2) El procesador es reciente aproximadamente 30 dias

3) Lo único que tiene es la típica marca al poner el procesador y encima el disipador pero funcionar me lo detecta el pc sin ningun problema

4) No he realizado ningun overclock, por mi conocimiento el i 9 9900k base va a una frecuencia maxima de 5ghz y por eso lo baje a 4,7 ghz para ver si era por ese problema

5) No he tocado nada de eso

6) Acabo de pasar la informacion de  Intel® System Support Utility

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Leonardo33

Thank you for your response and for all the details.

Just for clarification purposes, the Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor has a Processor Base Frequency of 3.60 GHz.

The 5.00 GHz frequency refers to the Max turbo frequency, which is the maximum single-core frequency at which the processor is capable of operating using Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0.

Maximum turbo frequency indicates the highest possible frequency achievable when conditions allow the processor to enter turbo mode.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequency varies depending on workload, hardware, software, and overall system configuration and the amount of time the system spends in turbo boost mode depends on those factors.

When the conditions allow it and workload demands additional performance, the processor frequency will dynamically increase until the upper limit of frequency is reached.

Intel Turbo Boost Technology is enabled by default on the processor and the user can usually disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS. Besides that, no other user-controllable settings to change Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation are available. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system (OS) control.

Having said that, and when we say the "the processor has a Max turbo frequency of 5.00GHz" this doesn't mean that the user should set this frequency as a "fixed frequency value" in the BIOS. Unless a user is interested in overclocking or undervolting the processor, a user should not need to change parameters about CPU frequency, neither on the BIOS nor via software; running the processor using BIOS defaults should be enough to use the processor under normal conditions.

Actually, altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

Since you mentioned in your initial post that "lowering the frequency to 3.6GHz you can boot normally to Windows", our first recommendation is to load BIOS defaults in order to undo any previous setting that might be triggering this behavior. For assistance on how to properly load BIOS defaults (and to check if your motherboard may come with an "Auto-overclocking" feature or setting), please consult with your computer manufacturer (OEM) ASUS* since they are the ones that are familiar with the BIOS design. Here is the link to ASUS* Support.

Once you have loaded BIOS defaults and any possible "Auto-overclocking" has been disabled, please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify the processor functionality.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

If the issue persists after trying the previous steps, we would like to recommend trying the following steps

1- As per Microsoft's website, the error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL* means that something may be wrong with a device driver, your device's memory, or antivirus software. We recommend making sure your operating system and drivers are up to date and also checking with Microsoft® support regarding additional information about this error and suggestions.

Also, based on the Intel® SSU report, we also see additional "log entries" about other errors, for instance, "dump file initialization errors" etc, and as per Microsoft* Forums, this may be also due to lack of update or corruption in Windows* 10 files, so they support team may also help to check further about this. You may also refer to Troubleshoot blue screen errors*.

In regards to driver updates, what we recommend is checking with your computer manufacturer (OEM) ASUS* to make sure your system is running all the latest drivers, otherwise, they may help with instructions to update any if needed. Here is the link to ASUS* Support.

2- Make sure that all the key hardware components are fully compatible. You may check with your OEM for more details about this, if there is any limitation, if a firmware update might be required, etc.

3- Undo any other recent hardware or software changes, including but not limited to:

• Any OS patch installed or setting changed.
  • Any recent hardware replacement or upgrade.

4- We understand that the system is running the latest BIOS (2820) as per ASUS* website. However, it is worth giving it a try and consult with your OEM to verify if they may have a newer BIOS update, if it is recommended to apply it, or if they are aware of any known issue.

5- Verify if it is possible to do a Windows* Restore from a system restore point*. Another option would be trying reformatting / reinstalling Windows. For assistance with Windows® reinstallation, the best thing to do is to check with Microsoft* Support.

6- One final step would be testing by booting the system using only essential components (motherboard, processor, one stick of memory, video card, one storage drive, and power supply). And if possible, you may test with another processor, or try your processor on another motherboard to see if the issue follows one of the components.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Leonardo33
Beginner
Buenas he hecho lo que usted me ha dicho y nada, ahora ni da señal de vídeo. Se enciende el PC, gira los ventiladores y todo parece como si funcionase pero sin dar video. Hace varios días desde que empezó mi problema pedi una fuente de alimentación de mejor calidad con certificado 80 plus gold
de 750w pensando que ese sería el problema, la fuente y para mí peor decepción no fue así y ahora he malgastado el poco dinero que tengo.
Acabo de pedir por amazon un aparato para poder escuchar los pitidos de la placa para ver si el problema es el procesador porque desde que cambie mi procesador del i7 9700k al i9 9900k y vender este i7 para conseguir mi i9 me ha empezado a pasar todo.
( Otro dato adicional: ayer volvi a instalar una versión anterior de la placa y luego a la última versión y no había cambio, funcionaba exactamente igual, solo a baja frecuencia.)
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Leonardo33

Thank you for your response.

We understand that the system won't show a video signal nor boot up. We also understand that you are in the process to check the motherboard beep patterns to see if this is pointing out a CPU issue. In this case, we will wait for you to test this, and please provide us with the outcome.

We also checked the PRIME Z390-P* User’s Manual to see if there were instructions regarding beep patterns or onboard debug LEDs but we couldn't find much information. So we would also suggest checking with ASUS* support if they can provide more information about diagnostic and debug options.

Perhaps they may also recommend and assist with a Clear CMOS process in order to try to get the system back to default status and operational again. Or you may also refer to the PRIME Z390-P* User’s Manual under page 10, section 1.6 Headers to clear the CMOS memory.

In the meantime, please also ensure that the processor, fan heatsink (cooler), and memory RAM are installed properly. You may refer to this article with links for more detailed instructions for those steps and additional suggestions: Troubleshooting User Guide for "No Display" and "No Boot" Issues with Intel® Boxed Processors.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Leonardo33

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Leonardo33

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

As an alternative in case the issue persisted, you may also reach out to Intel® Customer Support through phone or chat in order to provide you with faster assistance. Here is the "Contact us" link.

Note: Please make sure to select your country or region and to contact us within your local business Support hours. Also, feel free to refer to this post once you contact Intel Customer Support.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos