Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

installing intel turbo max latest software

Sergio_P_Intel
Employee

Hi, I have an i9-9980xe, on an Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE II motherboard with 128 GB ram(Corsair CMW64GX4M4C3200C16), and a NZXT Kraken X62 280mm for cooling. Could you please point me to the right link to download the ITBM driver and application, I am getting "ITBM Driver Not Available Exiting Application". I am currently using the setup for video editing, mainly premiere pro and I am seeing 10-15% cpu utilization, I would like to look into different ways to be able to use more cores when running this application and other

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You can download the ITBM driver for your board from Asus: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/DRV_ITBM_Intel_UWD_TP_W10_64_VER1101005_20190401R.zip
  2. I suggest that you should update also the Chipset and Management Engine Driver. All those driver you will find in Chipset category, on Asus Download Page for your board: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-DELUXE-II/HelpDesk_Download/
  3. You should ensure that the ITBM is enabled in BIOS setings.
  4. If still you will see this problem, you should address your question to Asus support.

Leon

Sergio_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Leon, thanks for the answer. I downloaded the latest chipset driver and management engine driver and installed them in that order too, with restarts in between installation, I did the same with ITBM. Also ITBM is enabled in BIOS setting. Now ITBM is showing all the cores. Quick question, ITBM will allow applications to use multiple cores or will it assign the application execution to just one core? For the purpose of video rendering and export is ITBM recommended to be enabled?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

The ITBM should be enabled by default. Also the native ITBM driver is included in Windows 10. I don't know, why in your system you needed to intsall this driver. Could be that the Chipset and Management Driver where missing? The characteristics of each core is saved in CPU and the higher frequancy is enabled in the "stronger" cores. The processor must be working in the power, temperature, and specification limits of the thermal design power (TDP). This results in increased performance of both single and multithreaded applications. So, you may always leave ITBM enabled.

Leon

0 Kudos