Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

intel DSA not working correctly

drezprime
Novice

The latest version of the intel DSA doesn't see ANY updates for my hardware.  The microsoft update has twice now updated the wireless drivers and bluetooth to new versions while DSA said I had the latest.  Is there STILL a problem with this after the fix this month?  I also noticed that when i click the DSA icon to scan it doesn't scan ANYTHING it instantly puts a screen up in my browser saying everything is up to date.  I do have the green dot on the systray icon but it never changes to amber when there is a update.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Maybe there are no updates for your laptop.  Did you check the IDSA exclusion list?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

there are updates, windows update installs newer versions.

and I'm on a desktop X299 board.

Its like the DSA isn't even scanning, it's running, and just showing the installed versions.  It doesn't scan when I run it, it just shows what's installed.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Read the exclusion list.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

here you go.

I updated the wireless and bluetooth manually via windows update.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @drezprime

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

While Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) can detect and offer upgrades for many of the drivers and software that are available on Download Center, you may have an Intel product that isn’t supported by this tool. Before you use Intel® DSA, refer to this page to ensure that your product is compatible with Intel® DSA.

Please note that Intel® DSA will only offer drivers that are available in Intel® Download Center. The tool doesn't have visibility of drivers provided by third-party sources like Microsoft* Update or tools/websites of the computer manufacturers providing their own drivers.

For instance, the drivers you are getting through the Windows® Update Service probably are coming from the Windows Update Catalog and a driver version in that catalog doesn't necessarily mean it is also available at Intel® Download Center/Intel DSA.

To illustrate this with an example, the latest driver for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 at Intel® Download Center is 20.70.19.1. However, based on the Intel® System Support Utility report that you provided, the current driver on your system for the Wireless card is "20.70.21.2". This difference in driver versions may explain the behavior, and the latter is not available at our Download Center, so it was no possibility it would have been offered by Intel® DSA.

Nevertheless, if you think this is not the behavior, please kindly provides us with the following details to check this further:

1- Screenshots from Intel® DSA scanning (the scanning process, and full details of the results shown).

2- What are the components/drivers that you are trying to check with Intel® DSA? Is it only Wireless and Bluetooth?

3- What browsers are you using and version number or build number:

4- Do you have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking)?

5- Do you have security or anti-virus software installed, if yes, please provide details.

6- Are you on a company network?

7- Do you recall the previous driver versions of the components you manually updated? (this is for reference purposes with the drivers available at Download Center).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Note:

Installing Intel generic drivers may overwrite your computer manufacturer (OEM) customized driver. OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues. Since the driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer, the recommendation is to work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

Drivers and support for X299 XPOWER GAMING AC*

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

No, I only get updates through microsoft windows updates

this only started when you had to patch it for external USB hard drives and I have 4 of them.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

Thank you for your response.

Based on your answer, when you said "No..." we understood that you don't need further assistance so we will be proceeding to close this thread soon. If this isn't correct, please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional concerns.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

When I said no, I mean "NO, this still isn't working and I need help because the only updates I get are through microsoft windows updatres and not the DSA"

So YES, this still needs to be looked in to

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

Thank you very much for your clarification.

In this case, could you please provide the information previously requested so we can check this further?

1- Just to make sure, is Intel® DSA version 21.1.5.2 the one that you are currently running?

2- Screenshots from Intel® DSA scanning (the scanning process, and full details of the results shown).

3- What are the components/drivers that you are trying to check with Intel® DSA? Is it only Wireless and Bluetooth?

4- What browsers are you using and version number or build number:

5- Do you have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking)?

6- Do you have security or anti-virus software installed, if yes, please provide details.

7- Are you on a company network?

8- Do you recall the previous driver versions of the components you manually updated? (this is for reference purposes with the drivers available at Download Center).

9- What did you mean when you said "this only started when you had to patch it for external USB hard drives". Please provide details:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

1) The latest version since you updated it to work with external drives

2) I cant get you any screen shots while it scans, it INSTANTLY tells me everything is up to date without scanning.

3) Wireless and Bluetooth only, they're the only ones with the check marks that get updated

4) The latest versions of chrome and edge

5) no

6) Windows defender

7) no, my home personal network

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 V20.70.21.2  and now bluetooth doesn't even show up for me under the DSA, and my BT adapter is working, and according to device manager is intel version 22.30.0.4.  But NO bluetooth adapters show up for me under DSA now, and they did YESTERDAY.

8 these problems only started when you updated DSA to properly work with USB hard drives plugged in (go search the forum, there were threads about this starting in december and it was finally patched FEBRUARY 7th)

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

Here are two pics

as you can see it's telling me my wifi is no longer supported for updates (no blue or green circled checkbox) and my bluetooth adapter is TOTALLY missing now.

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

This is happening to my brothers system too.

He has a x299 board, but NONE of the external drives.

Just whats on the board,

His wifi drivers are out of date (had to update manually) and he has  NO BLUETOOTH showing as well.

So are these boards now EOL and is the new 11x 299 processor I plan to buy this spring going to be worthless?  I dont give two craps about the wifi, all my stuff is wired, but i do care about the bluetooth

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

Thank you very much for all the information provided. This is very useful and we really appreciate it.

In case you haven't try yet, we recommend going through the following steps:

You may also try to completely uninstall using the special Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller which removes all files related to Intel DSA and then do a fresh install of the latest version again.

If the issue persists after trying the previous steps, please kindly provide us with the following information:

1- All the Intel® DSA files zipped from the following 2 folders (not just .log files but all the files in the folder):

• C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Logs
  • C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Data

NOTE: the ProgramData folder may be hidden by default so you may need to un-hide it to view the Intel® DSA log files. Instructions to un-hide are: > File Explorer > View > Show/Hide: check the box for "Hidden Items".

2- Please provide the "DSAUninstaller.log" file. You can find the location of the log file in Windows* File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log and please be sure to provide the most recently dated log.

3- A new Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report.

Please make sure to check the "Everything" checkbox before clicking on "Scan" to gather full third-party logs.

The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: We will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with the Intel® SSU report and Intel® DSA logs to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

Thank you for your response via email. We understand that the behavior persists and we have received the Intel® DSA logs requested. Please allow us to check this further and we will be posting back in the thread more details as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

After checking this further, we would like to inform you that there was an issue that our team resolved on March 2nd that was impacting the latest Bluetooth and Wireless records from being detected by Intel® DSA. This has been fixed.

Could you please try again to see if the issue is solved? Please make sure to clear the browser cache and then click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel DSA scan page. Run the Intel® DSA scan to see if Bluetooth and Wireless show up with the correct status.

If the behavior persists (or if you believe the status of the updates isn't working correctly) please kindly report back the status and please provide us with a new set of the Intel® DSA logs (following the steps previously provided).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

Yes, things look like they are back to working.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

Thank you very much for your response. We are glad to know that it is now working. We appreciate your feedback.

For any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello drezprime

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can consider this inquiry solved. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @drezprime

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos