Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

intel atom z3735f processor bios reset

cenkgevgili
Beginner

Hi;
I have a computer with Intel atom z3735f processor. I accidentally turned off the USB with bios. I can't open it now. I can't reset bios. Even though I removed the bios battery, the bios does not reset. can you please help, urgent.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Who made the computer?  You will need to contact them regarding THEIR BIOS.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
cenkgevgili
Beginner
I contacted the computer manufacturer. But they couldn't find a solution
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but there is nothing that can be done here.  It is the manufacturers device and bios.

0 Kudos
cenkgevgili
Beginner

it has nothing to do with the manufacturer. in the bios processor. the manufacturer told you to remove the bios battery. I uninstalled it but it didn't work. surprised the manufacturer. That's why I want help from Intel

0 Kudos
cenkgevgili
Beginner

this is the computer

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are incorrect.  The bios belongs to the manufacturer, not the processor.  Your device is not an Intel product.  If you want a solution, contact the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
cenkgevgili
Beginner

The Intel atom z3735f processor picture is attached. The bios battery is on the processor. bios did not reset even though i removed the battery. i plugged another Intel atom z3735f processor into the computer and it worked. I was able to enter the Biosa, USBs were working. However, USBs were still not working when I reconnected my processor. So, the bios battery is in the processor and does not reset

0 Kudos
cenkgevgili
Beginner

I forgot to add the picture. excuse me. picture is attached.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The processor and the battery are both on a daughter card.  That is just the design the manufacturer used.

No longer following this thread.

0 Kudos
cenkgevgili
Beginner

Same as the intel atom z3735f, another computer from a different manufacturer. The picture of the processor is attached. How can manufacturers design processors themselves?

intel atom z3735f processor-1.jpeg

intel atom z3735f processor-2.jpeg

  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I was in full agreement with Al until your last post. That changed everything. This is a compute module and yes, it's from Intel.

So, first of all, clearing CMOS by removing the battery will accomplish nothing. The BIOS configuration hasn't been stored in CMOS for 15 years, so clearing CMOS doesn't change it. Clearing CMOS can get you past some hangs because the BIOS recognizes this as a reset of its core parameters, but not secondary parameters related to USB, etc.

Here's what I want you try. Power up the machine, but do so holding the power button in for a full 3 second count. If you hold it too long and the machine powers back off, just try again. After you release it, wait. If the support that I hope is there in this BIOS is actually there, you should see a menu, called the Power Button Menu, appear eventually (within, say, 30 seconds). If it appears, using the F2 key should then take you into BIOS Setup with USB working. If you make it to BIOS Setup, you can then use the F9 key to restore the default BIOS configuration.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
cenkgevgili
Beginner
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello cenkgevgili,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I am currently checking your case internally. Please, expect a response soon.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello cenkgevgili,

Thank you for your patience.

We checked this internally and we can confirm that you should contact the manufacturer, the product is not from Intel* and we do not handle the BIOS settings/specs.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos