Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

intel core i7 6500U

Pedhenoli
Beginner

Greetings,

I'm interested in acquiring a Dell monitor, model S2721DS (QHD - 2560 x 1440 native resolution). My laptop is equipped with an intel core i7 6500U (Skylake) and a Nvidia Geforce 930M. Will my laptop support the monitor resolution (2560 x 1440) at 60Hz?

Processor Specs: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88194/intel-core-i7-6500u-processor-4m-cache-up-to-3-10-ghz.html?q=I7-6500U 

Monitor Specs: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27-monitor-s2721ds/apd/210-axkp/monitors-monitor-accessories 

GPU Specs: Couldn't find any reliable information.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Pedhenoli,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I would like to share with you the maximum supported resolutions for the graphics adapter in your processor.

As you can see in the following website the processor supports:

• Max Resolution (HDMI):  4096x2304@24Hz
  • Max Resolution (DP): 4096x2304@60Hz
  • Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel): 4096x2304@60Hz

However, due to the fact that your device is a laptop there are some other factors that we need to take into consideration. For example:

1.  Actual capabilities for supported resolutions may vary from one system to another depending on system configuration. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM, for instance, Lenovo*, DELL*, HP*, etc.) may limit functionality and features

2.  Available ports in the laptop and port capacity.

A great way to determine the supported resolutions for the monitor is the use of Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers. or you can refer to your laptop specifications for more information.

Note: for the Graphics report, the monitor needs to be connected in your laptop the whole time.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Pedhenoli,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos