Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11669 Discussions

intel core i7 6500U

Pedhenoli
Beginner

Greetings,

I'm interested in acquiring a Dell monitor, model S2721DS (QHD - 2560 x 1440 native resolution). My laptop is equipped with an intel core i7 6500U (Skylake) and a Nvidia Geforce 930M. Will my laptop support the monitor resolution (2560 x 1440) at 60Hz?

Processor Specs: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88194/intel-core-i7-6500u-processor-4m-cache-up... 

Monitor Specs: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27-monitor-s2721ds/apd/210-axkp/monitors-monitor-accessories 

GPU Specs: Couldn't find any reliable information.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Pedhenoli,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I would like to share with you the maximum supported resolutions for the graphics adapter in your processor.

As you can see in the following website the processor supports:

• Max Resolution (HDMI):  4096x2304@24Hz
  • Max Resolution (DP): 4096x2304@60Hz
  • Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel): 4096x2304@60Hz

However, due to the fact that your device is a laptop there are some other factors that we need to take into consideration. For example:

1.  Actual capabilities for supported resolutions may vary from one system to another depending on system configuration. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM, for instance, Lenovo*, DELL*, HP*, etc.) may limit functionality and features

2.  Available ports in the laptop and port capacity.

A great way to determine the supported resolutions for the monitor is the use of Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers. or you can refer to your laptop specifications for more information.

Note: for the Graphics report, the monitor needs to be connected in your laptop the whole time.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Pedhenoli,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician