I'm interested in acquiring a Dell monitor, model S2721DS (QHD - 2560 x 1440 native resolution). My laptop is equipped with an intel core i7 6500U (Skylake) and a Nvidia Geforce 930M. Will my laptop support the monitor resolution (2560 x 1440) at 60Hz?
GPU Specs: Couldn't find any reliable information.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
I would like to share with you the maximum supported resolutions for the graphics adapter in your processor.
As you can see in the following website the processor supports:
- Max Resolution (HDMI): 4096x2304@24Hz
- Max Resolution (DP): 4096x2304@60Hz
- Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel): 4096x2304@60Hz
However, due to the fact that your device is a laptop there are some other factors that we need to take into consideration. For example:
1. Actual capabilities for supported resolutions may vary from one system to another depending on system configuration. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM, for instance, Lenovo*, DELL*, HP*, etc.) may limit functionality and features
2. Available ports in the laptop and port capacity.
A great way to determine the supported resolutions for the monitor is the use of Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers. or you can refer to your laptop specifications for more information.
Note: for the Graphics report, the monitor needs to be connected in your laptop the whole time.
Intel Technical Support Technician