Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

intel extreme tuning utility

Ninja
Beginner

The intel extreme tuning utility dosent open up, like it just stays in the loading screen for a few sec and then close automatically, i dont wanna overclock anything, i want to like keep a check on the tempratures and fix the power limit throttling issue

specs-

i7-2600

4gb ddr3@1333Mhz

Windows 10-1909

Intel HD 2000 

300W PSU

Intel DH61WW motherboard

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Ninja, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Your Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Processor is not supported to use the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), you can check that here, under "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below": 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- 

You can also check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for other tunning or monitoring tool compatible with your system. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Ninja, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Your Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Processor is not supported to use the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), you can check that here, under "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below": 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- 

You can also check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for other tunning or monitoring tool compatible with your system. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Ninja
Beginner

Hi,

Can I expect it to be added in the future?

Thanks for the fast response

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Ninja, 

Thank you for your reply.

The Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Processor is a discontinued processor, and also the Intel® XTU is made only for unlocked CPUs (K and X SKUs). So, unfortunately, it will probably not be added. You might want to check other third-party tools for monitoring since your Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW is also a discontinued product.

Since our previous post was marked as a solution, we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you have any other questions; please submit a new thread since this one will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos