Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

intel i5 6600k 56c under full load. ok?

cGamm
Beginner

Hello,

I built a new setup with an i5 6600k. I have been using it for 3 days and I have constantly checked the temperatures on it.

Under 80%-100% load. It´s at 40-56c.

My question is if this is ok to use under a long time or if this will damage the cpu and if this is normal? I checked the specifications and what i guess is the max temp for the CPU is 64c?

http://ark.intel.com/sv/products/88191/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz Intel® Core™ i5-6600K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Specifikationer

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I see the processor is running under specifications. Your processor runs cool enough to continue with stress test.

The maximum processor temperature is 65C as shown on the page you have linked to us.

Allan.

0 Kudos
cGamm
Beginner

Hi, Thank you for the quick answer, forgot to comeback to you.

If Max Temp is 60c. Is that going to hurt my cpu in anyway? What i understand the Tcase is the Max Temp in C before the CPU takes dmg?

If the Diagnostic tool from you passes. Is it safe to run the cpu with the configuration used under the diagnostic tools test?

Regards

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It is safe to run diagnostic test.

The processor integrates a sensor that will trigger processor thermal alarms and it will shut down to prevent any damage on your computer. This happens if the processor goes above the maximum temperature for long time.

Allan.

0 Kudos