Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

intel i7 7y75: Problema con rendering con Materialize Magics 21

DLanf
Beginner

Buongiorno a Tutti

Sto cercando di risolvere un problema che ho riscontrato con un Dell XPS 13 9365 ( i7-16GB SSD) che monta il processore i7 7y75 e Windows 10 Pro un programma di rendering Magics 21 ( attualmente l'ultima versione disponibile)della materialise (www.materilise.com) .

Praticamente succede che quando è ora di fare un nesting per calcolare i tempi,gli ingombri ed i tagli per una macchina a taglio laser, ci mette più di 11 minuti mentre un NB lenovo di 4 anni fa con processore i3 ( non mi ricordo il modello ) con 4 GB e HD SATA ce ne mette solamente 3. Ho notato però che il processore del Dell che dovrebbe arrivare fino a 3,6 GHz viene utilizzato a solamente a 1,83Ghz.

Perchè secondo voi il turboboost non rende al massimo? C'è secondo voi la possibilità di "sbloccare" il turboboost anche a discapito dell'autonomia della batteria ma che possa funzionare sempre a frequenze elevate?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dlanfredi,

Thank you for joining the Processors Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

In this case Intel® Turbo Boost Technology will work automatically, so from our end there is no documentations on how to unlock it. I believe that your frequency could go higher, but let's some information regarding your computer. Please see below;

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
DLanf
Beginner

Hello Amy

Thank you for interest in my problem.I have attached the report created with SSU utility.

I hope we can help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119506 dlanfredi, have you noticed if the frequency changes while using other apps?

In the meantime try updating the following components:

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119506 dlanfredi,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
DLanf
Beginner

Dear Amy

i tried to install the drivers but the problem persist whit any application.

I tried to install also the driver in windows10 update but nothing to do..the cpu had a peak for 2 second @2,70/3 GHz max and return between 1,3 ( and less) and 1,6 Ghz (rarely @1,83) i'm disperate...i don't understand why

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am sorry to hear that /thread/119506 dlanfredi.

Based on your findings I believe this could be hardware related, is there any chance to contact Dell and let them know about this behavior?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos