Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

intel performance maximizer not compatible error

LGOTT6
Beginner

i my specs as follows

asus rog rampage vi extreme omega x299 motherboard with lates bios 0802.

intel i9 10920x cpu

4x8gb 3600mhz corsair ram

i am trying to use IPM to set overclock coz when i try to oc manually through bios i get errors due to low vccsa voltage and i have no idea how to use them so trying to use this, all bios setting are at default and as recomended in the user guide except i could not locate intel wdt, tried updating drivers for motherboard resources but nothing has changed and i couldnt find it in bios either, what should i do, attaching the results from intel system support utility below, thanks.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Performance Maximizer has very specific requirements. Look in section 3.2.4 here:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28772/eng/Intel%20Performance%20Maximizer%20V1.0.3%20User%20Guide.pdf

One of the requirements is UEFI mode. You have legacy mode.

To convert to UEFI, the following is provided for your convenience:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/81502-convert-windows-10-legacy-bios-uefi-without-data-loss.html

Doc

AlHill
Super User

Also, regarding the WDT.

In the device mangler, under hidden devices, system devices, you will see 5 to 7 "motherboard resources". WDT is one of those, but which one?

Right-click on each one, select update driver, search automatically. One of them will update to Intel Watchdog timer driver. If you have already done this, it may be related to legacy vs uefi. I just do not know.

I am told this will be provided in a future version of IDSA.

Doc

LGOTT6
Beginner

@al.hill in my bios secure boot is enabled with windows uefi enabled as well with csm disabled and hard drive that has OS is formatted to GPT so i dont know where you saw legacy mode in the attachment ( correct me if i am wrong in something here), thank you.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

In your ssu scan:

Doc

LGOTT6
Beginner

@Al.Hill​ OK i disabled CSM and now BIOS shows as UEFI mode and i used driver easy to update drivers and finally see Intel wdt driver, so i have everything as recommended and reinstalled program fresh after all the recommendations achieved but it still says system requirements not met. uploaded SSU file again with changes showing in there, i am lost at this point and guess i just have to use Intel XTU, any more help appreciated.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You trust Driver Easy?

Thanks for the new ssu report.

One of the Intel support engineers will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
LGOTT6
Beginner

Well I was frustrated to make it work for 2 days and couldnt find intel wdt and in some forums it was reported that driver easy found it so I had no choice and it did find it, i guess i have to use intel xtu maybe, thank you once again.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LGOTT6,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error you are getting? (Not compatible).

Do you have antivirus software? if so you might try to disable it for testing porpuses in some cases the antivirus might block the application.

Do you have any other overclocking software? It is recommended that you do not use Intel® Performance Maximizer in conjunction with other overclocking software.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
LGOTT6
Beginner
I dont have any anti virus except for windows defender which was disabled, and i dont have any other overclocking software on my PC, its a mostly fresh install, attaching screenshot of the error, thank you
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LGOTT6,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please attach the image again directly to the thread? I am unable to see it.

Just to confirm and further investigate it, are you installing the software from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29292/Intel-Performance-Maximizer-for-Intel-Core-X-series-Processors?product=188727

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
LGOTT6
Beginner

Yes thats the link i downloaded the software from, i used download manager to download as direct download was very slow and there were no errors and program installs fine.​

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello LGOTT6,

Thank you for your reply.

Please allow me some time to update the thread and further investigate it.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
SJasp
Beginner

That tool is a mess right now and doesn't work for a lot of people. You also can most likely achieve better results yourself (seems like it generally overvolts Official Site).

What kind of Mobo do you have? You can look up general guides that tell you exactly what to do, basic manual overclocking is a lot easier than you'd think.

0 Kudos
LGOTT6
Beginner

@SJasp i have asus rog rampage​ vi extreme omega and i have tried to oc and ended up with 9C bios error due to low vccsa voltage or vtt voltage and i was stuck at vga bios loading error and i couldnt find any useful info about the safe voltages for vccsa, vccio and vtt and i have no idea how to proceed so i decided to try this.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Why did you not reset to defaults in the ASUS bios to establish a baseline? Trying performance maximizer to cleanup your overclocking and bios error is never going to work.

Doc

0 Kudos
LGOTT6
Beginner

I did reset to default settings, i was just answering the other gentlemen's question about the issues i was having using bios settings to oc.

0 Kudos
kowai
Novice

so i have Asus rampage 6 Omega + 10900x , i have the same problem without any answer to it

Asus promised a micro-code bios to be released in late 2019 but here we are in 2020 without any update

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Asus promised a micro-code bios to be released in late 2019 but here we are in 2020 without any update"

Post your complaints about ASUS on their site. Complaining about ASUS here is like complaining to Dixie Cup about the coffee.

Doc

0 Kudos
kowai
Novice

i did already , a month goes by and no one responded , that's why i'm here since Intel announced all Mobo makers will release bios updates late 2019 , maybe they should know the bios is not out yet ?!!

0 Kudos