intel processor diagnostic tool update fails

RWall4
Beginner

When I run :

--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.0.0.29

--- IPDT64 - Start Time: 17/09/2018 15:07:50

IntelR CoreTM i3-2120 CPU 3.30GHz

Windows7 Prof.

The program runs perfectly including the images.

----------------------------------------------------

When I updated (as requested by the previous program) and run 4.1.0.29_64

The program fails at the "Prime Number"

and at least of 2 of the image windows fail.

The computer is a 64-bit version.

Can I assume that there is no problem with my processor?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello bobsteamer,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I understand that your processor is failing the Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool test.

Regarding this, I would like to begin by mentioning that your processor is no longer under interactive support, in this case what I can recommend you to do is to wait and see if any of the community members have experienced this and have a recommendation for you.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
RWall4
Beginner

Can I reword the question slightly:

If my processor passes the version "--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.0.0.29" can I assume that the processor is OK?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a very old IT persion i.e. before Intel was born - I feel that a program should not recommend an update

which, when installed, just crashes out without checking whether the program is applicable for that device.

Looking at other posters complaining that 4.1.0.29 crashes out at the same point - "Prime number" - I can't

help suspecting that there is an underlying problem with the new version.

There is also a problem with the same program on a valid processor & Windows10 where one of the image

tests just displays a blank screen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobsteamer,

Thank you for your response.

That is correct, in this case if the processor test passed with the previous version it means that it is OK. It could be that, the processor is old compared to this new version of Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool and that would be the reason why the processor does not pass the test. Nevertheless, I want to thank you for your feedback of the tool.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just a thought: you can edit the script and have the tool not execute this test. That way, it will go on and run subsequent tests.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
RWall4
Beginner

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the info - that is a relief.

0 Kudos