Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

intel xtreme utility program not opening

RMSH
Beginner

Hi There,

I brought a PC last month however when i am launching intel xtreme utility it is not opening.

it will open only when restarting the PC. usually  when turning on the pc sometimes it opens so no need to restart at that time So after Reinstall the OS it was working fine but after almost 3 weeks the issue again persists.

PC Spec:

1. Intel I7-10700K

2. ASUS Z490E ROG STRIX Motherboard

3. Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb SSD

4. Teamforce Xcalibur 2x8gb ram 2400 mhz

Note: didnt overclocked 

Any Help Would be Appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello RMSH,

Thank you so much for posting on the Intel* Community.

This error is caused when the user has tried to install the Intel XTU on top of an existing installer without properly uninstalling the previous one. Some OEM systems could have Intel XTU pre-installed, and some users tried to install on top of the existing installer without properly uninstalling the previous one.

To resolve the issue:

1. Uninstall the Intel XTU version.
  2. Go to device manager and remove all the instances of the XTU component driver in the device manager under software components. Refer to this article on How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU).
  3. Reinstall the latest version of Intel XTU, version 7.3.0.33 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

Please, let us know the outcome.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello RMSH,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello RMSH,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos