Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

intel xtu graphics stress test failed

CKui
Beginner

I installed the most recent version of intel XTU 6.4.1.23. I am running windows 10 1709. When i try to run the stress test for graphics it says it needs to install .net 3.5. I allow it to install. After install I reboot and run XTU. When I choose graphics stress test it fails. graphicsstresstest.exe fails. Any ideas? Another post mentions needing directx? Directx is already installed.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
CKui
Beginner

Its been 1 month since original post. Intel can you provide an update?

Such as.

1. We are still working on it.

2. Its a problem but we wont fix it.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you for waiting, and I apologize for not providing you with an update from our investigation in such a long time.

Rest assured that Intel is still investigating this issue (e.g. testing against different hardware configurations, debugging app code). On a personal note, I doubt there is something wrong with your hardware, and rather it is something isolated to the tool itself.

As soon as we have root caused the issue we'll let you know here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
CKui
Beginner

While you investigate the issue with the test failing please check the sleep bsod issue. If you use intel xtu and undervolt even just by .1 it will pass cpu stress test but the moment it sleeps it will bsod on resume on X1 Yoga 3rd Gen.

0 Kudos
CKui
Beginner

Its been 3 months now what is going on? Also I tried to install the newest version of intel xtu. Now it says its "not supported"

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello all,

Thank you for waiting.

We are not focusing on the Graphics stress test portion of the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) for now, and hence this may or may not work on some instances. We heard their feedback and it has been communicated to the right decision makers.

For now our recommendation is to keep Intel® XTU up to date with the latest releases available in Intel Download Center. 

Link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
CKui
Beginner

The current version wont even install as mentioned on prior post. Also what about the problem of crashing on resume?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CKui 

Thank you for the reply as motioned this is under investigation, we will be posting back the updates as soon as there are available. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello all

As mentioned previously at this point as we already mentioned we are not focusing on the Graphics stress test portion of the Intel(R) XTU for now, therefore this may not work on some instances. Our suggestion is to keep Intel(R) XTU up to date with a working version.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
CKui
Beginner

What working version? The current version wont even install and prior version is not available.

0 Kudos