Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

laptop shuts off without warning (low battery)

Sharusz
Beginner

Hi - my first time here and hope I'm in the right place. I have a Dell Latitude 3420 (13") work laptop. When the battery is low, the laptop keeps shutting down without any warning, often causing me to lose an hour or more of work (sometimes my documents aren't automatically saving either, though they are set to do so every couple of minutes.) I had it in at the help desk at work as the original warning had just disappeared (it worked at the beginning). They were able to bring the warning back but after two times it disappeared again. Doing some reading, people suggest disabling the Intel Dynamic Thermal Framework. I have no idea how to do this but can't anyway, as I am not the administrator.  I would like to ask if anyone has had this problem and if so, can you direct me to a link or write what to do if indeed this might be the problem, so I can take this info to the IT help desk at work. Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Nothing to do with Intel.   This is a Dell  issue.  Have your IT shop work with Dell for a solution.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Nothing to do with Intel.   This is a Dell  issue.  Have your IT shop work with Dell for a solution.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Sharusz
Beginner

I think you are right that it's not an Intel issue. I think it's Windows actually. (Oh how I hate having a work computer with Windows!) Thanks for a quick answer.

0 Kudos