Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

manage central updates from server

perisivan
Beginner

Hello, 

Currently we are updating from: https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html the drivers of the computers but this process is really slow and i don't have a central log of the updates.

I have a server working with wsus and I would like to manage the drivers updates from it. 

There are any solution from intel for this purpose? 

Thanks to all the replies.

Regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, perisivan,

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities for Server Products. I will gladly help you.

As far as I understand, your request is not specifically related to an Intel Server System, but you want to set up your own server to manage driver updates from it with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

We have a forum for those specific requests, so I am moving it to that forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello perisivan,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello perisivan,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

It is important to mention that Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) can detect and offer upgrades for many of the drivers and software that are available on our Download Center, but you may need to have a supported Intel product. To make sure your products are supported by Intel® DSA, you may need to refer to this page. Otherwise, the utility will not work accordingly. You should also look at the following article "What Components Does the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Detect?".

For the question related to WSUS. Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) enables information technology administrators to deploy the latest Microsoft product updates. WSUS can be used to fully manage the distribution of updates that are released through Microsoft Updates to computers on the network. So, in this case, you need to get in contact with Microsoft Support to get more information about the service and its proper configuration. For more information refer to this link.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello perisivan,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
AnaWilliam850
New Contributor I

Here is a general idea of the steps to follow:

1. Download and install the Intel DSA on a computer in your network, this computer will work as a repository for the updates.

2. Configure the Intel DSA to connect to the Internet and download the update catalog files.

3. Import the update catalog files into WSUS. This can be done using the WSUS console, you can follow the instructions in the Microsoft documentation for your version of WSUS.

4. Once the updates are imported into WSUS, you can use the console to approve and deploy the updates to the target computers on your network.

5. You can use the reporting capabilities of WSUS to track the status of updates, view reports and monitor the success rate of the deployment.

It's important to note that, this integration will enable you to only manage and deploy Intel's drivers and components updates. You will still need to separately manage other updates such as Windows updates, third party applications and any other updates.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello perisivan,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos