Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

my cpu i5 11300h stuck at 3.1 ghz when playing game

johnnnn
Beginner

my laptop asus tuf dash cpu i5 11300h stuck 3.1ghz can't overclock more to 4ghz to playing game assassin creed valhalla it drop frame everytime how can i fix it

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor is not an unlocked processor and cannot be overclocked.  Only X and K processors can be overclocked.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
johnnnn
Beginner

but i see i5 11400h just stuck 4ghz when playing, but my cpu i5 11300h just stuck 3.1ghz playing game i don't know why

0 Kudos
AndreyCh89
New Contributor I

johnnnn, don't pay attention to AlHill, as this is an incompetent employee! Intel® Core™ i5-11300H Processor

The screenshot shows that the processor does not increase the frequency to the maximum turbo boost.

Here the problem is most likely in the non-correct parameters msr of the processor set in the BIOS.

Update the bios from the laptop support page and reset the bios settings to default. Additionally, reset the power supply mode to the default in the operating system settings.

Maybe you use some software that (and don't know how to use it): Intel XTU, ThrottleStop, MyASUS? I decided so because the laptop may have disabled the turbo boost mode of the processor.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@AndreyCh89  The incompetence is from those who cannot read the XTU documentation, and cannot read my signature.

And, as well as my telling you that H processors are not supported by XTU, a real Intel employee has informed you of such as well.

But, believe what you want.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
AndreyCh89
New Contributor I

@AlHill , calm down!
johnnnn, did not report that he uses this software!
I emphasize once again that you are not competent, what does XTU have to do with it at all?

AlHill, if you carefully read the processor specification, you will see that the base frequency is 3.1 GHz (the frequency does not increase higher due to TDP), and 4.4 GHz is the maximum frequency in turbo boost (the processor does not go to this frequency for some reason).

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnnnn,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i5-11300H Processor.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the report from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool:

3. Have you enabled the Turbo Boost? Bear in mind that this feature is controlled automatically by the operating system and can not set the frequency manually.

4. Have you enabled the Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnnnn,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnnnn,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos