Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14396 Discussions

on intel processors core name of which Apollo lake does not run games and applications with engine UE4(Unreal Engine 4), for example Epic games launcher, Fortnite, ... Will this problem be solved or not (and how soon)?

VVadi5
Beginner

0 Kudos
13 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VVadi5, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would recommend to check the system requirements for any game you may want to play, if the processor does meet the requirements then let me know what kind of issues you are experiencing. Also, what is the model of your processor? Let me know as well and also the specific game you are having problems with. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
VVadi5
Beginner

Configuration of my laptop:

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel Pentium processor N4200

Nvidea 920mx

4 GB RAM

Epic Games Launcher installed but not run (the process is reset in Task Manager Windows). Without him can not install the Fortnite.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VVadi5, Thank you for your response. Did you check the minimum requirements in the game developer's website? Also, what error do you get exactly when trying to open the application you mention? Please attach a screenshot if possible. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
VVadi5
Beginner

When contacting​ Epic Games Support him technician write me minimum system requirements.

Here are the Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later running the latest version of Metal

* Dual-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster

* Direct X 11 compatible GPU

* 4 GB RAM

0 Kudos
VVadi5
Beginner

Epic Games Launcher installed, updated but not run (the process is reset in Task Manager Windows). 

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VVadi5, Thank you for your response. To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Also, please check the suggestions in the forum below: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/technical-support/networking/593079-epic-games-launcher-won-t-open-at-all * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * The issue does not really seem to be related to hardware but more O.S or software. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
VVadi5
Beginner

Hello,

Here's my system information file.

I think that the whole problem is that Epic Games Launcher reads my configuration system with a base frequency 1.1 GHz but not with a maximum 2.5 GHz and he resets because of the frequency is less than acceptable.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VVadi5, Thank you for your response. Normally, the launcher should actually open and if a game cannot be run then it should tell you. It is important to check the thread I have provided you above with different solutions for the issue you are experiencing. https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/technical-support/networking/593079-epic-games-launcher-won-t-open-at-all Also, please report this issue directly to Epic games as well. They should be able to assist you if the software is the one mistakenly recognizing your processor. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
VVadi5
Beginner

Hello,

I already wrote Epic Games. They are already solving this problem. They've been working on it for over a year. It is difficult for them to write exceptions in Epic Games Launcher for Intel CPU with core name Apollo Lake.

As I wrote Epic Games Launcher reads information from the configuration of the system (like most games) which contains only the base frequency of 1.1 GHz. Launcher is reset because the frequency is less than the minimum to run. Help with this problem. Try to make changes to the system configuration.

For example, NBA 2K19 I have on high graphics settings with a great framerate. Although the game is more demanding.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VVadi5, Thank you for your response. Keep in mind that Epic Games* is working on this, as per what you mentioned, which means that they already know it is a known issue regarding the compatibility, this needs to be addressed by them so that the error stops. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
VVadi5
Beginner

Hello,

I have already written Epic Games and Unreal Engine about the problem. This compatibility problem has been solved for about 2 years. And it takes minutes to solve it. A normal user was able to run a clone of UE4. If the user managed to start UE4 on these processors means the solution is. https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/feedback-for-epic/1503637-openssl-error-when-starting-ue4editor

That's why I'm asking the company to see if you can influence them. All users of CPU core name which Apollo Lake still can not use Unreal Engine 4 and all applications and games on this engine.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VVadi5, Thank you for your response. I was checking the site specific for your Intel ® processor and I can see that the base frequency is 1.10 GHz which means that the game/launcher is only seeing that and not the maximum burst frequency which is 2.50 GHz, this means that, if the launcher does not open with 1.10 GHz processors it will not open unless you had a processor which has a base frequency of 2.50 GHz. Please work with the game developer to see if there is a workaround for this but from Intel's side, there is no way to work around this. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Dok
Beginner

Did you try disabling speedstep? This way your cpu would be detected at its maximum rather than minimum or idle state.

0 Kudos