Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

pc shuts down unexpectedly

sabri2214
Beginner

Hi ..I'm new here and i really need any help i can get..i have an asus x550vx laptop and for the last month or so it's been shutting down unexpectedly, mainly when i'm gaming (nowadays when the game is still opening and it happens)..I tried a new system installation / updated drivers and windows /changed thermal paste / changed the heat sink, BUT I KEPT THE FAN as it is. I just tried  the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and mid test pc went out just like that,  so i reopened it and relaunched  the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and i will be providing a screenshot of the test that caused the shutdown..

PC specs : i7 6700hq /8gb RAM DDR4 2133MHZ / 120 gb SSD

At this point i'm suspecting the FAN or the PSU because in the events journal i have kernel power errors, which i will provide as a screenshot also..THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Check the fan(s)

Blow out the dust on the heat sink and intake/exhaust areas

re-do the thermal paste.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
sabri2214
Beginner

i cleaned the fan to the best of my ability..even the technician when i brought the pc to him said i'ts good enough no need  to replace it..so i only ended up replacing the heatsink and the exhaust attached to it.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @sabri2214

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and after reviewing this behavior and considering all the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed, at this point our recommendation is to check this further with the laptop manufacturer for further troubleshooting and/or possible replacement. For your convenience, here is the link to ASUS* Support.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our side. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos