Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

processor I5 4690

ЮФедо
Beginner

Hello. I have a question about the processor I5 4690. The system unit has stopped turning on if the CPU temperature is below 50 degrees Celsius.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello yrfe

Thank you for joining the community.

How are you measuring the temperature of the unit?

Could you provide more information about your system? (Motherboard, RAM, SSD or HDD, cooling solution)

Have you had any software/hardware change?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
ЮФедо
Beginner

operating system Windows 10. motherboard Asus h81m-k, hard disk hdd Samsung 500гб, memory kingston 8gb, processor i5 4690 standard-cooled. temperature defined in the BIOS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello yrfe

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

Can you please elaborate the description of the issue? I would like to isolate this issue the best I can.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello yrfe

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
ЮФедо
Beginner

Hello. The problem is this: when you turn on the PC, the system does not start. The processor was not working properly. Experimental method it was noticed that when the cpu fan is turned off after warming up to 45-50 degrees Celsius the system turns on and works. This is the only possible way to start a PC.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello yrfe

Thank you for the response.

This situation that you are having can happen in areas with cold temperatures (outdoors temperatures), we could you provide us an example showing the experimental method you have used to investigate the problem? For example a video.

Regards.

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello yrfe

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos